Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Author MessageGolden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
G.2
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 177
Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesG.2 05-20-2010

I have a few ideas in my head. And I suppose this is a good way to start sculpting. I am expecting to be really bad at it ... ha ha ha, but it should be fun. I am now off to buy some 'green-stuff'.

G2 is short for George Georgiou.

Standing Small - G2's miniature blog

05-20-2010 12:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesfurrie 05-20-2010

Luckly I have a have converted unit BBs already, so I just need to finish them and start painting.

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

05-20-2010 01:53 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1262
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 05-20-2010

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Well, I think it depends on how you look at it.  Sure, by using RH it's only warriors with blunderbusses, but I know for instance that my ones probably won't be armed with a 'traditional' CD blunderbuss.

You could do an elite unit with some sort of daemon cannon each, or ones with bionic arms etc.  There are options other than just giving them a standard gun, it just takes a bit more imagination.  You probably could even make robot CD's with blunderbusses.

Nope Big Grin

- unless Sjoerdo sculpt me one very quickly Wink

My challange would be, as I only do classic old school models - that there is no such thing as a blunderbuss in the old 3rd ed range - only crossbowmen - but a challange I'm ready to pick up Big Grin

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 05-20-2010 02:58 AM by clam.

05-20-2010 02:17 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesThommy H 05-20-2010

GRNDL Wrote:
This gets a pretty big "meh" from me.

Don't enter then.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

05-20-2010 02:50 AM
warh
Lammasu

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusseswarh 05-20-2010

this will be a challange for me,
as i want to skulpt them from scratch Wink

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

05-20-2010 09:14 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGrimstonefire 05-20-2010

@Swiss
Seeing as other people may ask it, I'll answer your question here:

You may enter those, but we will put a note on the picture that the miniatures were supplied by someone else.  It probably won't put off anyone voting for you minis, but it's the fair way to do it.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
05-20-2010 11:20 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesThommy H 05-20-2010

In an instance of another member doing the sculpting, it would seem fair for them to share any resulting medals.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

05-20-2010 11:51 AM
Mario
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesMario 05-20-2010

I started my first one, lots of greenstuffing to do Happy

05-20-2010 11:58 AM
Fequiil
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 53

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesFequiil 05-20-2010

My first Golden Hat!
ohh, i'm so ecxited!
i'm going to try to enter aswell ofcourse...

05-20-2010 12:36 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesTarrakk Blackhand 05-20-2010

YEAH! BLUNDERBUSS!

I have a LOT of these guys finished already. Maybe I should do some GS ones though. They always seem to win out.

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
05-20-2010 12:42 PM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesLoki 05-20-2010

Looking forward to seeing all of the entrys for this, i wont be taking part to busy paint walls in my new house but really looking forward to seeing what every one comes up with. Best of luck every one Takes Hat off

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

05-20-2010 04:04 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1262
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 05-21-2010

What?? Loki, you are kidding right? The man that can paint a Kollosus on a Sunday afternoon - can't find the time to do 5 little guys in 6 weeks. You must be joking - lol Tongue

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
05-21-2010 04:41 AM
maelzch
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 22

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesmaelzch 05-21-2010

I'll try to get something done, but I'm not making any promises!

Maelzch's Dawi Zharr
Maelzch's blog
Maelzch's Khorne Orcs

I'm after loads of Skaven Doomwheel driver heads, please PM me if you have any available
05-21-2010 07:40 AM
superfella
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 7

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussessuperfella 05-21-2010

ooh, i can enter this one!

yey!

05-21-2010 08:25 AM
Ogrob
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 72

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesOgrob 05-21-2010

Looking forward to seeing the entires, but I don't think I'll be able to make anything.

My painting blog of DOOM!
Trolls with guns!
05-21-2010 09:16 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 05-21-2010

Ogrob Wrote:
Looking forward to seeing the entires.

I agree with you Ogrob, I'm very interested to see what the usual suspects come up with but I'm also intimidated... it's likely to be so mind-blowingly awexome that I'll want to smash my BB units and paint brushes. Then I'll have to go whip my slaves until my arms go limp, and then kick them until I can't move my legs... then I'll just steamroller over them a few times until I throw up in disgust.  After all that I'll then come back and look at the BB eye candy again and it'll be OK.

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 05-21-2010 11:52 AM by Nicodemus.

05-21-2010 11:52 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 618
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesBaggronor 05-21-2010

Quote:
I'll want to smash my BB units and paint brushes. Then I'll have to go whip my slaves until my arms go limp, and then kick them until I can't move my legs... then I'll just steamroller over them a few times until I throw up in disgust.  After all that I'll then come back and look at the BB eye candy again and it'll be OK.

That's very specific Happy

I might enter, if I have time. Which I doubt.

http://www.titanwargames.com
05-21-2010 02:33 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGrimstonefire 05-21-2010

@Thommy
I think would be even more fair would be for people to either enter 'officially' in collaboration, or for the person who sculpted the models to paint them themselves and enter seperately (presuming they were cast).

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
05-21-2010 05:41 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesThommy H 05-22-2010

Well yeah, that's kind of what I meant.

My models:

My rules:

This post was last modified: 05-22-2010 03:28 AM by Thommy H.

05-22-2010 03:25 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1364
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesZanko 05-22-2010

Grimstonefire Wrote:
@Thommy
I think would be even more fair would be for people to either enter 'officially' in collaboration, or for the person who sculpted the models to paint them themselves and enter seperately (presuming they were cast).

I always thought that the GH was a painting contest and not a modeling contest!

If it is not so I presume the GW modeler also gets a medal!

Imo this discussion is not useful and unnecessary.

It has the consequence that I can make a slight conversion and one of our experianced painters can paint it - and then both will get a medal!
That cannot be your intention (I hope)!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

05-22-2010 03:59 AM
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites