Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Author MessageGolden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesIshkur Cinderhat 05-27-2010

Jeez that sound terrible, Pyro! Get well soon! Good to see you can still go online and visit the site, though. Happy

05-27-2010 01:36 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 05-27-2010

NIcodemus Wrote:
Sorry to hear about your back... is there an interesting story attached, such as uber-hardcore conversions and painting which led to your predicament? 

Nothing interesting really. Just too much heavy lifting. I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain lol.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

05-27-2010 05:05 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGrimstonefire 05-27-2010

NIcodemus Wrote:
Is there an interesting story attached, such as uber-hardcore conversions and painting which led to your predicament?  Shock

That made me laugh.  What kind of uber hardcore conversions could people slip a disk on I wonder? Cheers!

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
05-27-2010 05:36 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 05-27-2010

Pyro Stick Wrote:
I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain

Awesome.  Seriously, awesome.  If you have to do that... not that it would be a good thing... but could you photo document yourself painting while in agonizing pain?

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

05-27-2010 06:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mario
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesMario 05-28-2010

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Nothing interesting really. Just too much heavy lifting. I dont know how long it will take to heal itself (all i can do is take painkillers) but if it gets too close to the deadline im just going to paint through the pain lol.

Get well soon then, i feel your pain. My backs out every now and then, too, sadly. Do you know whats wrong with it? Mines slipping ligament in the lower back which can easily be fixed by a chiropractor.

Well, back on Topic, i have started the conversion! Respect to the Hat!

05-28-2010 05:45 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 620
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesBaggronor 05-28-2010

Quote:
What kind of uber hardcore conversions could people slip a disk on I wonder?

I feel sure I will attempt something that qualifies one day...

Hope it gets better soon Pyro.

http://www.titanwargames.com
05-28-2010 05:50 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 05-28-2010

Mario Wrote:

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Get well soon then, i feel your pain. My backs out every now and then, too, sadly. Do you know whats wrong with it? Mines slipping ligament in the lower back which can easily be fixed by a chiropractor.

Its either a slipped or split disk in my lower back. It doesnt really matter which it is because they might as well be the same thing. Basically a disk in my spine is pushing against a nerve now and its really painful to move it. All i can do is wait for it to fix itself. Diagram of Slipped Disk

05-28-2010 06:00 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 05-28-2010

At the risk of appearing rude, I'm going to reiterate my earlier post:

Quote:
Subject Matter
Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses.  No command models are allowed.

If, in the process of creating the group, one was to over-emphasize one model or some aspects of one model, but not intend that model to be a member of a command group, do we still run the risk of public perception interpreting or viewing that unit as a command model - like a champion?

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

05-28-2010 01:11 PM
Ellimist
The Occasionally Present

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesEllimist 05-29-2010

NIcodemus Wrote:
At the risk of appearing rude, I'm going to reiterate my earlier post:

Quote:
Subject Matter
Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses.  No command models are allowed.

If, in the process of creating the group, one was to over-emphasize one model or some aspects of one model, but not intend that model to be a member of a command group, do we still run the risk of public perception interpreting or viewing that unit as a command model - like a champion?

~N

I think as long as it's not hugely over-the-top, like putting it on a higher level or a hat that's twice as big, none of the competitors are uptight enough to care. What matters is that the unit as a whole looks amazing!

05-29-2010 02:52 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 05-29-2010

Ellimist Wrote:
I think as long as it's not hugely over-the-top, like putting it on a higher level

I was actually going to do something like that but it isnt intended to look as if that one model is a champion. Its going to be a standard model like the rest in the row but because it doesnt have a tab i was going to put it on one of these bases: lava base . All the other models in the row will have bases painted to look the same, but one will just be a few mm higher than the rest.

05-29-2010 05:35 AM
warh
Lammasu

Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusseswarh 05-29-2010

I dont think that putting a model on a higher base makes it a champion,
but some thing that makes it sitck out from the other models like a other gun or a bigger hat.

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

05-29-2010 09:09 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussescornixt 05-29-2010

"Everyone is an individual, except me"

I'm sure it would be fine.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

05-29-2010 09:34 AM
Mahtipakarat
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 54

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesMahtipakarat 05-29-2010

Yay new golden hat! and perfect theme for it.. I'm planning on adding 5+ blunderbusiers to my army so I think I can get the motivation for it from this competition.

And I really like Blunderbussiers I hope to see many people participate on this GH so we can have a sea of Chaos dwarf goodies.

Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Never tell a Dark Elf that 'the goth look was so early 90s' seems they're easily offended"
-Lord Borak The Despoiler.
05-29-2010 02:15 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 714
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesSkink 06-05-2010

Another Golden Hat, woo-hooo!!! This time I will partecipate Happy. Actually, being this a miniature painting competition why command groups aren't allowed? I mean, that will be a nice way for a modeller 2 show his/her skills and inventive. This is not meant to be a critic of course, I was just asking myseld this questionTakes Hat off

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
06-05-2010 07:02 AM
Anonymouse
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 86

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesAnonymouse 06-05-2010

cornixt Wrote:
"Everyone is an individual, except me"

I'm sure it would be fine.

"Yes, we're ALL individuals." :p

06-05-2010 07:14 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesBassman 06-05-2010

Good question Skink, why not command?

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: https://milanoarte.net/en/portfolio/the-...nci-milan/

Fancy an unique sculpted miniature or a good paint job?

This is my professional service: https://www.facebook.com/BluebeardsForge

06-05-2010 08:30 AM
Mahtipakarat
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 54

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesMahtipakarat 06-05-2010

In my opinion it's good that command groups are not allowed. Everyone is on the same starting point and you have to use even more skill to create unique/impressive looking standard troops. I find that usually the command group is the focal point in most units and standard rank and file troopers are usually a lot less impressive and sort of 'faceless' if you know what I mean. So let your imagination run free and try to add that extra touch to make amazing models, Good luck to everyone!

Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Never tell a Dark Elf that 'the goth look was so early 90s' seems they're easily offended"
-Lord Borak The Despoiler.
06-05-2010 09:02 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 06-05-2010

Not including command groups leaves that open as a theme for another golden hat.

06-05-2010 09:46 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesWillmark 06-05-2010

Plus it levels the playing field because you have base models to judge, not someone's standard, champion or musician.

My Want List / My Trade List
06-05-2010 01:37 PM
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesDa Crusha 06-05-2010

sorry to hear about your back pyro, thats gotta suck.

I would've preferred to have to create a character with a blunderbuss that way we could work on our hailfire gun conversions. regular blunderbuss without command is too restricting IMO. like I said earlier I paint all my blunderbuss the same and my GH entry is likely to look exactly the same.

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2

This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 05:23 PM by Da Crusha.

06-05-2010 05:17 PM
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites