Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Author MessageGolden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 06-06-2010

Da Crusha Wrote:
sorry to hear about your back pyro, thats gotta suck.

The inflamation was what really crippled me but i got some heavy duty anti-inflamatories and it feels much better. Im just waiting on some new washed to arrive then im going to get painting.

Da Crusha Wrote:
I would've preferred to have to create a character with a blunderbuss that way we could work on our hailfire gun conversions. regular blunderbuss without command is too restricting IMO. like I said earlier I paint all my blunderbuss the same and my GH entry is likely to look exactly the same.

I think a single blunderbuss character would have been wayy to constricting. For those of us that only have original models we would only have been able to bling up the base a bit and we would have no chance of doing well in the competition at all. If there was a command group included then it would have been all about the command and no one would pay attention to the other 2 models needed to build up the rank. This way command group is avaialable for another competition.

I also paint all my blunderbuss the same way but since all the models are different they arent going to look exactly the same. Theres loads of different poses and hats to choose from if you are using original models and you can do whatever you want to each individual base so i think this competiton is more open that people might originally think.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

06-06-2010 07:16 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 06-06-2010

Like Pyro, I think it's a good thing that we keep the command group out of this. It could easily be turned into 'another' standard bearer comp. But I can't really see the problem, you could easily put a commander in you unit, as long as you arm him appropriately. If he has something that comes to the definition of 'blunderbuss' and is on a 20mm base - no one can/will rule him out.

And a question - slightly off-topic - does anyone really use a command group in there BB-units? I think it's a waste of points really. So, to me it make perfect sense. A GH for 5 hard core troopers - just what we need after war machines, open cat. and sorcerer. Back to basics Wink

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 03:03 PM by clam.

06-06-2010 02:58 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesDa Crusha 06-06-2010

Pyro Stick Wrote:
I think a single blunderbuss character would have been wayy to constricting. For those of us that only have original models we would only have been able to bling up the base a bit and we would have no chance of doing well in the competition at all.

Oh Yeah I didn't think of this.

clam Wrote:
does anyone really use a command group in there BB-units? I think it's a waste of points really.

actually now that I think of it, I only use a musician in a blunderbuss unit.

well I think Ill try my hand at converting some plastic dwarfs for this competition then. Itll be fun hopefully it wont take long since Im pretty busy working on my bull centaur unit right now for the tournament this weekend.

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2

This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 07:05 PM by Da Crusha.

06-06-2010 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGrimstonefire 06-09-2010

I've assembled about 3 and a half now. Unsure But on the plus side I've painted about 10 clanrats since this was annouced!

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 03:17 PM by Grimstonefire.

06-09-2010 03:16 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 06-09-2010

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I've assembled about 3 and a half now. Unsure But on the plus side I've painted about 10 clanrats since this was annouced!

I'm falling further behind... I haven't made any progress on mine in ~2 weeks. I got distracted with my 10th unit of Warriors and worked on those instead. After today we're away on vacation for the next 9 days... the deadline is closer in terms of available working hours than I'd like!!  Sick

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

06-09-2010 03:50 PM
warh
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusseswarh 06-09-2010

Grimstonefire Wrote:

only got two finished sculpted Angry

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

06-09-2010 03:56 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 06-10-2010

NIcodemus Wrote:
I'm falling further behind... I haven't made any progress on mine in ~2 weeks. I got distracted with my 10th unit of Warriors and worked on those instead. After today we're away on vacation for the next 9 days... the deadline is closer in terms of available working hours than I'd like!!  Sick

~N

Know excatly how you feel. Haven't done anything in weeks. First my back was killing my hobby, but now that it's way getting better, I always find myself watching Doctor Who (have bought series 1-3, now) - instead of painting (when I finally have that personal free hour, that family life allows you to have- maybe I should try combine painting and watching TV ..??!!).

- and now, the upcomming World Cup .... that isn't helpfull eighter.

06-10-2010 07:12 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesZanko 06-10-2010

I couldn't participate this time! Sad

I had two main problems: 1st time and 2nd no unpainted blunderbuss models!

But next time I could hopefully again attend at the GH!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

06-10-2010 11:46 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 06-11-2010

Sorry to hear that, Zanko - so promoting true old school Chaos Dwarfs is just up to me then, that's sad Sad - or are you in DaCrusha?

06-11-2010 07:14 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesZanko 06-11-2010

clam Wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Zanko - so promoting true old school Chaos Dwarfs is just up to me then, that's sad Sad - or are you in DaCrusha?

I'm sure you will present great and worthy Chaos Dwarfs! Takes Hat off

You are a much better sculptor and painter compared to me - so imo you will manage that task in a very smooth and brilliant way! Cheers!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 02:25 PM by Zanko.

06-11-2010 11:42 AM
dncswlf
Lammasu

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 59

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesdncswlf 06-11-2010

clam Wrote:

Hey Hey now, I've got a few kicking around.. I'm just trying to squeak out the time!!!

Check out my blogs, lots of oldies but goodies:

Dncswlf's Chaos Dwarf Blog
My blog of other stuff
06-11-2010 11:48 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 06-11-2010

Ups, sorry Rolleyes

Thought you were busy painting Confrontation dwarfs Wink

This post was last modified: 06-12-2010 10:52 AM by clam.

06-11-2010 12:56 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesTarrakk Blackhand 06-12-2010

@ Zanko and Pyro - Hope you guys are doing Ok.

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
06-12-2010 12:37 PM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Slaves: 226
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesObsidian 06-15-2010

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!Cheers!

The Obsidian Forge
06-15-2010 09:58 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 06-17-2010

Ive had some pretty life altering stuff happen recently so hopefully i can get my models done. i finally got the paint i ordered so its just a matter of sitting down and finishing them off. But ive honestly lost all passion for it right now. Ive just got out of a 5 year relationship and its going to take a while to get over it.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

06-17-2010 11:41 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 06-17-2010

So sorry to hear, my friend. Always hard breaking up with a good friend or the love of your life. Sometime, life really sucks Sad

Take care, old friend and  I wish you all the best.

06-17-2010 04:08 PM
Gar Shadowfame
Banned

Group: Excommunicated
Market Rep:
Slaves: 22

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGar Shadowfame 06-19-2010

Quote:
maybe I should try combine painting and watching TV

I do that all the time.
I hope i will finish my models for this competition, especialy since i am quite a moody painter and if i dont have a feel to paint, and to paint a specyfic model, i dont.

Btw We've had a lot of chaos dwarfs as topic for GH, how about slaves, did we have greenskin units for GH?

06-19-2010 01:29 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesGrimstonefire 06-19-2010

We had 5 slaves a long while back, and a hobgobbo hero.  Maybe this is something to consider.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
06-19-2010 02:06 PM
Arashi
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 125
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesArashi 06-20-2010

My entry is sent now. Hope it gets more votes then my previous tries Tongue Wink

My rarely updated blog.
06-20-2010 09:54 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 06-20-2010

Pyro Stick Wrote:
But ive honestly lost all passion for it right now. Ive just got out of a 5 year relationship ...

Focus on your passions and hobbies man... force yourself to do it, maybe watch LOTR while you're painting, etc. It'll help take your mind off other things a little.

Arashi Wrote:
My entry is sent now.

Brutal!!  I'm so far behind... just got back from a week's vacation and before that I hadn't touched my models for the contest in ~10 days, so it's time to kick this project into high gear if I want to get it finished and painted in time!!

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

06-20-2010 12:40 PM
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites