Pages (8): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Author MessageGolden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 06-21-2010

clam Wrote:
So sorry to hear, my friend. Always hard breaking up with a good friend or the love of your life. Sometime, life really sucks Sad

Take care, old friend and  I wish you all the best.

NIcodemus Wrote:
Focus on your passions and hobbies man... force yourself to do it, maybe watch LOTR while you're painting, etc. It'll help take your mind off other things a little.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Luckily my entry was almost complete so i dont have that much to do and the washes make it so much easier for me to paint, but i changed my mind about a model a few days ago so ive had to paint up a new one. My rank would have looked a bit weird the way it was so i had to change one model for one with a different pose. Im using music at the moment to take my mind of things but ill give watching LOTR a go as well. Maybe ill try watch all 3 in one day and finish my entry at the same time.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

06-21-2010 05:04 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
warh
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusseswarh 06-22-2010

Question:  must all the models be in all four pictures?

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

06-22-2010 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 06-23-2010

warh Wrote:

No, they dont all have to be in every picture.

06-23-2010 02:49 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
warh
Lammasu

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusseswarh 06-23-2010

Pyro Stick Wrote:

warh Wrote:

No, they dont all have to be in every picture.

thanks!
now i have some painting to dodead

EDIT: Finnished painting now, should have my entery submited later today.

This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 11:18 AM by warh.

06-23-2010 04:11 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 06-23-2010

warh Wrote:

Sheesh!! This reminds me of the days writing university exams and watching the first couple of people, who you know are good, hand in their exam well before anyone else... meanwhile I'm still sitting with my head doing thinking "What the heck am I doing?!?! Am I even going to be able to finish before the time's up?".  In this case there's no partial marks for incomplete work... so... yikes. Just yikes. This is what I get for going on vacation for a week, making my 10th unit of Warriors and doing "work" work instead of my Blunderbusses.

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

06-23-2010 12:00 PM
warh
Lammasu

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusseswarh 06-23-2010

NIcodemus Wrote:

warh Wrote:

Sheesh!! This reminds me of the days writing university exams and watching the first couple of people, who you know are good, hand in their exam well before anyone else... meanwhile I'm still sitting with my head doing thinking "What the heck am I doing?!?! Am I even going to be able to finish before the time's up?".  In this case there's no partial marks for incomplete work... so... yikes. Just yikes. This is what I get for going on vacation for a week, making my 10th unit of Warriors and doing "work" work instead of my Blunderbusses.

~N

well, I've ben working hard sculpting the models since I first heard about this GHBig Grin also my deadline was today becouse I can not work the last six days.

06-23-2010 01:06 PM
Ellimist
The Occasionally Present

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesEllimist 06-26-2010

Well mine are mostly all sculpted, I'll be pushing it to get them painted though...

06-26-2010 10:01 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesvulcanologist 06-26-2010

My BB's are finished! They're my 1st ever chaos dwarfs & my 1st ever attempt at converting anything.. Check them out in my army blog "1st attempts" & let me know what you think!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
06-26-2010 10:09 PM
Alfract
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 155
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesAlfract 06-26-2010

vulcanologist Wrote:
My BB's are finished! They're my 1st ever chaos dwarfs & my 1st ever attempt at converting anything.. Check them out in my army blog "1st attempts" & let me know what you think!

if they are the ones that you intend to enter in the contest, it is advised that those pictures are removed from your blog ( as is against the rules to show them before the judging of the contest)

06-26-2010 11:40 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesvulcanologist 06-27-2010

Oh sorry I did'nt realise, i never saw that anywhere...oh well at least it gave me the impetus to make a start on my army! I'll remember next time. good luck in the competition everyone!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
06-27-2010 02:40 AM
Alfract
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesAlfract 06-27-2010

vulcanologist Wrote:
Oh sorry I did'nt realise, i never saw that anywhere...oh well at least it gave me the impetus to make a start on my army! I'll remember next time. good luck in the competition everyone!

just make 5 more and everything will be okay

06-27-2010 03:51 AM
Mahtipakarat
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 54

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesMahtipakarat 06-29-2010

AAArgh! it's almost deadline... And I haven't even started painting yet :/. well I guess have to skip this one as well. I just wish I could get some more time to actually paint something, at least something other than commission works.

Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Never tell a Dark Elf that 'the goth look was so early 90s' seems they're easily offended"
-Lord Borak The Despoiler.
06-29-2010 07:37 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 620
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesBaggronor 06-29-2010

Once again, I have failed utterly to complete anything on time. I will be making some BBs anyway though.

http://www.titanwargames.com
06-29-2010 08:06 AM
Alfract
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesAlfract 06-29-2010

wasn't able to make this one was well, uni proved to be too much of a strain this time round.

06-29-2010 08:19 AM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 06-29-2010

This one is going to be down to the wire for me... still a lot of painting to do and unfortunately this time I'm flying blind with no colour palette scheme in place. I'm just kind of putting colours of paint on places that seem to look good as I go Tongue

If nothing else I've pushed myself to make 5 interesting Blunderbuss models for a future unit ... which is kind of the point.
~N

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

06-29-2010 12:53 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesPyro Stick 06-29-2010

Ive finished my entry so all i need to do now is get some decent pictures. Whats the deadline in GMT?

This post was last modified: 06-29-2010 01:48 PM by Pyro Stick.

06-29-2010 01:47 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesclam 06-30-2010

@Pyro
EST is GMT - 5 if I remember correctly - so final deadline will be ... 1st July 04:59 a.m. - so that will give you 17 hours to do the pictures Wink

Had to rush the painting last night (really had to watch that Spain match Big Grin). Could have used another day to tighten it up nicely - but this is as good as it gets - this time. Hopefully I'll plan the project slightly better next time.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook

This post was last modified: 06-30-2010 02:23 PM by clam.

06-30-2010 05:35 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with BlunderbussesNicodemus 06-30-2010

We had a huge rain storm here that lasted ~7 hours. Heaviest rain I've seen in a long time... maybe the most since experiencing a "big" rain storm in Scotland Wink  Anyway, I spent the last few hours dealing with a leak in the basement that lead up into the main bathroom and from there up into the crawl space in the attic. Barf. So much for painting tonight, and I have to be awake for work in about 2 hours Tongue

06-30-2010 06:49 AM
dncswlf
Lammasu

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 59

RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussesdncswlf 06-30-2010

Drat, couldn't eek out the time for this one!!!  bummer, I'll have to finish my guys up and just post them to my blog... good luck to all who entered!

Check out my blogs, lots of oldies but goodies:

Dncswlf's Chaos Dwarf Blog
My blog of other stuff
06-30-2010 11:21 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbussestjub 06-30-2010

dncswlf Wrote:
Drat, couldn't eek out the time for this one!!!  bummer, I'll have to finish my guys up and just post them to my blog... good luck to all who entered!

Same here... Sad

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

06-30-2010 11:37 AM
Pages (8): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites