Post Reply  Post Thread 
Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - May
Author MessageChaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - May
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - MayHashut's Blessing 05-22-2010

Chaos Dwarf Radio #7
Early May, 2010
Special Guest: NIcodemus
[ MP3 48.6 MB | Show Notes & Comments ]

Hello all! This shall hopefully be the last time that I have to apologise for a delayed podcast. I have just completed the last of my university exams, which delayed my editing of the podcast by two weeks! This episode was primarily recorded on the 6th of May 2010, although I had to add in the AC #7 results and the new GH #12 criteria. Once again, we started with well over an hour of recorded work, of which I have only removed silences and the like, so it’s another bumper episode. I think that the podcast will now become a six weekly affair, so that it coincides with the competition schedule, allowing us to discuss entries and the next competition: call it a bi-quarterly podcast if you will.

Today's hosts are Hashut's Blessing and NIcodemus.

Show Links:
-Artisan’s Contest #7: Winner and contestants revealed!
-Flood controls: For more information.
-Nicodemus’ projects: Dawi Zharr in Warhammer Quest, WHQuest tiles, Chaos Dwarf quest.
-Games Day Baltimore 2010: CDO attendance and preparation progress.
-Word of Hashut: Issue 8 is here!
Middle-Earth: New releases.
-Greenskins models: Long-awaited.
-8th edition: Discussion and rumour discussion and Grimstonefire’s rumour round-up.
-Topic of March 2010: Video tutorials.

Topic of the Month: May
Podcast/topic feedback
Last month’s response to the topic of the month seemed to imply that it was something of a flop or that everybody was just as busy as I was. Regardless of reasoning, this month’s topic is here to combat that. I’d like to know what sort of topics people would like, if you would even like a topic of the month, what sort of improvements you think are necessary for the podcast, what things you particularly like about either and so on.

As an aside, I’d like people to start nominating themselves to co-host the podcast with me early on after the previous podcast. Nicodemus replied as soon as I had made a post asking for members to join me and I’d like to have more eager individuals joining me. If you need incentive,you get a medal out of it too!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

This post was last modified: 05-25-2010 03:30 PM by Xander.

05-22-2010 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio #7 - MayWillmark 05-24-2010

Awesome I'll be downloading it tonight!

My Want List / My Trade List
05-24-2010 04:26 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mario
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 14

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio #7 - MayMario 05-24-2010

Nice work guys, had a good listen and enjoyed it.

05-24-2010 04:57 PM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 400
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio #7 - MayForgefire 05-25-2010

I'l echo Mario, had a good listen, thanks!

05-25-2010 12:36 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - MayXander 05-25-2010

Taking a listen now, I've updated the plugin thing and the RSS feed, so the podcast should start coming to those who are subscribed.

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
05-25-2010 03:54 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
zobo1942
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 19
Slaves: 108

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - Mayzobo1942 05-25-2010

Enjoyable!!

Much better than the last episode - great work!!

05-25-2010 11:24 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - MayHashut's Blessing 05-26-2010

Glad you're enjoying it!

zobo1942: very pleased that it's of higher quality Wink

Xander: thanks a lot Big Grin Still trying to get you to find the time to make a tutorial/teach me so that you can relax a bit with it ^^

To all: Don't forget to check the topic of the month!

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

05-26-2010 10:10 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - MayXander 05-26-2010

It's a simple thing to update, we'll have to skype sometime so I can give you a small lesson.

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
05-26-2010 10:12 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - MayHashut's Blessing 05-26-2010

Sure thing Wink Anyhow: on-topicness! RSS feed should be updated now Big Grin

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

05-26-2010 10:15 AM
Ronshank
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 67

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - MayRonshank 05-27-2010

Loving that everyone is roughly the same volume. It annoys me when I have to turn it up and down. Very good eposode (show? podcast?). You've got me thinking about the need to add the Ziggruts(?) step pyramid things to the tabletop. It shouldn't be hard to convert a Lizard men one but really it's easy to make your own.

I see what you wanted from the Videos idea. The tutiorials are definately a real key to getting the hobby going. I'd love to see how to one on step by step painting terrain well. I mean like gravel etc. I don't have a camera for making a vid so I definately wont be doing one, but I will try to think about making one in the future about making a piece of simple terrain with easy to find bits laying around the place. I think it's pretty safe to say not everyone has a spare train set mountain but that was a lovely video. Its also a good idea for someone else as well. I think everyone has a green grocer that they can get polystyrene boxes from. If someone could get a bull Centaur video up using ordinary warhammer horses or to using superfella's idea and converting them from LotR's horses that would be awesome. I think a major acomplishment would be if every army unit could eventually be up in video form so there was essientially a how to guide for everything if you were happy to just copy. Of course just like Xanders tutorials this would not mean that they were cannon and had to be followed but it would allow alot of us who are a bit daunted by the idea of converting a whole army to have a step by step guide.

Lots to think about this ep good work

---------??Takes Hat off
*spooky voice* "eoi have you finished that army yet!"
*Me* plods off to keep adding beards and helmets to the BfSP minis, must finish before obsolete...

The Pledge 2011: Bought 23 Assembled 35 Painted:2
Pledge 2010: Bought: 160 Painted:2 (bad completion stats I know)

For Army Updates check my Army Blog (nothing new right now)
05-27-2010 08:34 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Episode #9 of Chaos Dwarf Radio Hashut's Blessing 22 14,582 11-07-2010 09:56 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing
  Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law Hashut's Blessing 31 17,716 09-17-2010 03:58 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing
  Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 6 - Hashut's Blessing Takes the Reigns Hashut's Blessing 10 8,191 03-29-2010 02:30 PM
Last Post: cornixt
  Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 5 - New 30 Minute Format Xander 8 7,265 01-13-2010 05:22 PM
Last Post: Uzkul Werit
  Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 4 - We talk about Warriors of Chaos and more! Xander 50 26,084 01-28-2009 02:59 AM
Last Post: Da Crusha

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites