Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!
Author MessageBaltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Xander 08-21-2010

So we took a bunch of pictures, and the fastest way to get them online was just to upload the entire batch through Picasa.  So mind the blurry pictures and take a look!

Baltimore
We had a lot of interest in the table and the chaos dwarf models.  We handed out about 175 business cards with the CDO url on them.  

So if you like the pics, or the table, or the CDs, leave us a comment to let us know that all our efforts were worth while. Wink

We begin the long drive back tomorrow morning!

Cheers,

Xander

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
08-21-2010 10:40 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Punishment Factory
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 2

RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Punishment Factory 08-22-2010

Did you guys crush the dwarves? The table turned out very nicely.

We fear the heavy tread of the dark giant, because we have thrown stones at him for so long.
08-22-2010 01:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Nicodemus 08-22-2010

Awesome, awesome.  Very impressed with out it turned out.  And did my eyes deceive me or did I see a Fimir on the table too Wink

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

08-22-2010 03:40 AM
Shakhorth
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 166

RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Shakhorth 08-22-2010

That was one impressive table! Thanks guys, it looked great. Nice way to bring new CD followers to the fold. Takes Hat off

But did you crush the dwarves? Tongue

This post was last modified: 08-22-2010 04:02 AM by Shakhorth.

08-22-2010 04:02 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 536
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Thommy H 08-22-2010

Awesome stuff. My favourite picture is probably the one of Willmark and Xander staring at each other in what looks like complete confusion.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

08-22-2010 04:33 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Grimstonefire 08-22-2010

There are some really impressive shots in there, I think you guys represented us very well.

Well done to vexxus on the battlefield, it came out really well in the end.  I'm curious how he made the small tower things in the oil pit?

Your army is certainly an impressive size now [/jealousy].  How well did it do against the dwarfs?  I know it's not exactly a fixed battled, but you may have some ideas of what to change/ use?

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
08-22-2010 05:46 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dedwrekka
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 29

RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!dedwrekka 08-22-2010

The table turned out awesome
I like that the triple-barreled Hellcannon and Kollosus made it!

You're a trusting man to just leave a treasure like White Dwarf Presents on the table, I've seen some groups chain rulebooks to the table.

The posters turned out very well, what was written on the table between them?

->Hashnahet's Immortals Army Blog
08-22-2010 06:06 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Ishkur Cinderhat 08-22-2010

An awesome table and a great display of this community. My hat goes off to you guys. Takes Hat off

08-22-2010 06:42 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 620
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Baggronor 08-22-2010

Epic! Happy

I can't believe you got all that painted!

http://www.titanwargames.com
08-22-2010 07:09 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1391
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Zanko 08-22-2010

Amazing Battlefield and great army!

The posters are also ace!

Kudos guys! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

08-22-2010 07:46 AM
Border Reiver
Lammasu

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 64
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Border Reiver 08-22-2010

The table and every thing looks awesome!  

How many visitors are you getting?

Questions, comments, criticisms, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks.
08-22-2010 07:56 AM
Rhazzouth
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 17

RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Rhazzouth 08-22-2010

Great inmortals, I like them a lot, I think also the table is great but as there are good photos, are others that they quality are not very good.Also, Have do you really needed more than 175 bussiness cards?

¿Noone has announce by birthday? Sad
08-22-2010 08:23 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!tjub 08-22-2010

Looks great! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

08-22-2010 08:24 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Bassman 08-22-2010

My compliments for the table and for the beautiful report. I know it's not easy Happy

It really cheers up my boring afternoon... I'm studying new material for my job. Sad

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

08-22-2010 09:47 AM
dncswlf
Lammasu

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 59

RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!dncswlf 08-22-2010

Excellent action gents!!!  Did you only play the one game?  and Who won?!?!!?

Check out my blogs, lots of oldies but goodies:

Dncswlf's Chaos Dwarf Blog
My blog of other stuff
08-22-2010 07:36 PM
Vexxus
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 67
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Vexxus 08-23-2010

Q & A:

Did you guys crush the dwarves?

Not really, but the Chaos Dwarfs defended the tower well. Many hobgoblins were sacrificed and Immortals were a favorite target for artillary. The Collossus (run as a Hellcanon) was blown up by a canon at one point, but defeated the unit of slayers in a two unit mini-game (for kids).

And did my eyes deceive me or did I see a Fimir on the table too?

Good spotting Nicodemus! Several Fimirs from Heroquest were used as slave models. Both Xander and myself have a soft spot for them.

I'm curious how he made the small tower things in the oil pit?

Xander bought kits from a hobby store for miniature trains etc. He went there for the tracks, and saw those tankis, which looked industrial enough to belong to the CD's and picked a few up. I like the way they turned out. During games, the tar pit was used to house dead models, lol.

The posters turned out very well, what was written on the table between them?

A description of the table's event, namely the "watchtower" scenario. The amazing artwork drew a lot of people to the table, the description got them to pause just long enough for us to zip over and start our pitch, a strategy which held great success.

How many visitors are you getting?

Very hard to say exactly, but you may be able to extrapolate for yourself. We were told that over 3200 fans attended, plus staff (many of which were thrilled to see a CD presence). Action at the table was nearly non-stop. Lots of 40k players of course, but still solid interest in Fantasy, I felt.

The table is great but there are good photos, and are others that they quality are not very good.

The Hotel had a very bad internet (wirleess B with poor signal) connection, and it was a very long day for Xander and I. As such, Xander chose to batch post ALL the photos, rather than try to sort them out. There are many blurry shots because I like to toy with settings to get the best shot. The lighting in there wasn't great for photos, but I tried a lot of the time not to use a flash. after 3 blurry shots I would often turn the flash on in defeat.

Also, do you really need more than 175 bussiness cards?

We estimate 175 business cards to those who showed interest in the army/forums/website/webzine based on the amount we have left of the 250 we had printed.

Did you only play the one game?  and Who won?!?!!?

Only one "full" game was played, and the Chaos Dwarfs won, because the Tower was successfully defended. We focused more on having the army for display, as many many individuals wanted pictures, and far fewer people wanted to commit a large portion of their day. This worked out really well, as the board was free for photos, and we were free to promote the site.

This post was last modified: 08-23-2010 08:28 AM by Vexxus.

08-23-2010 08:27 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Grimstonefire 08-23-2010

What did the staff say about the table and army?

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
08-23-2010 08:40 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Willmark 08-23-2010

Vex and Xander did a great job. As if my other health issues weren't enough I actally got a cold and lost my voice on saturday. Joy.

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 08-23-2010 10:39 AM by Willmark.

08-23-2010 09:23 AM
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 249
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!ryanamandaanna 08-23-2010

I took a fair amount of video that I'm going to start editing today, hopefully I can have it posted Tomorrow or Wednesday...

08-23-2010 10:07 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!Xander 08-23-2010

It was great to meet you, man!  Thanks for coming out and supporting CDO!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
08-23-2010 11:06 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Games Day 2010 - CDO Spam! Xander 11 4,973 08-21-2010 02:55 PM
Last Post: taylor
  CDO's Official Presence at Baltimore Games Day 2010 Xander 19 9,898 05-26-2010 11:19 AM
Last Post: Vexxus

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites