Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law
Author MessageChaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Law
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawNicodemus 09-10-2010

Just a quick heads-up.  I'm still editing the second part of the CDR Presents special.  This one is taking much longer. We recorded it in a somewhat disjointed fashion. There was a break of several days between recording everything we needed for the second half, and in that time I remembered a few things that needed to be mentioned in the first half, so there's been a lot of copy&pasting of short 1-2 minute segments from both myself and Hashut's Blessing.

... so far without the final sweep of editing to remove repetition, excessive "um"s,  "ah"s and gaps of silence while we contemplate the downfall of the cursed Dawi, it's up to ~3 hours. Yikes.  I'll get it down to as close to 2 hours as I can, but that may be optimistic.  In the time since we recorded the second half I've also caught a couple of omissions or mistakes (i.e. we give the wrong points cost for an item or an upgrade) and I've been re-recording as much as possible to fix those.

Patience my bearded brothers! The final words of Hashut's Holy Law will soon be heard!  
And with it, we Dawi'Zharr will march to war.

Update: The total run time so far is 3h 49 min.
I'll try to get that down a little Wink

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 05:33 AM by Nicodemus.

09-10-2010 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clinkz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 6

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawClinkz 09-10-2010

A big chunk of content then?..sounds good to me! I actually like the longer sessions, its good to be able t sit down and listen to CDR and get a nice solid couple of hours painting down. Thats what i did when listening to the 1st part anyway. Happy

This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 05:56 AM by Clinkz.

09-10-2010 05:55 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawHashut's Blessing 09-10-2010

Nicodemus: Thanks for taking so much time to edit and re-record (a pain, right? Big Grin ) and doing such a good job! Many kudos!

Clinkz: it's funny that you say that because, at one point, people were asking for it to be shorter so that the file size was smaller, lol Big Grin

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

09-10-2010 06:57 AM
Clinkz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawClinkz 09-10-2010

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Clinkz: it's funny that you say that because, at one point, people were asking for it to be shorter so that the file size was smaller, lol Big Grin

Heretics! Wink nono, just kidding. But coming from a country with terrible internet i wouldn't think file size would be an issue..though i don't know what kind of data rates other country's get, it would have to be better then the copper wire that supply's Aus with its internet. Anyway its good stuff! Big Grin

09-10-2010 07:09 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawHashut's Blessing 09-10-2010

Well, I think nowadays we're just letting it run its course, as opposed to trying to limit ourselves.

Still, very glad to hear that you enjoy it Wink

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

09-10-2010 07:41 AM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawNicodemus 09-10-2010

I'm glad someone out there enjoyed it too.   Personally I felt this was a good exercise just to get myself up to speed a little better with 8th ED.

FYI - Good gravy!! After 30 minutes I just finished editing the first 15 minutes.  At this rate it'll be another ~5½ hours before it's done Tongue
Doesn't help that I'm going to take a break for a bit right now Wink

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

09-10-2010 05:36 PM
Nicodemus

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawNicodemus 09-15-2010

Quick update - After sorting all of the dice last night I've now finished editing ~2hours 45 mins of the recording for part 2.  The total time is also 30 minutes shorter than before.

It'll be up tonight or tomorrow.

09-15-2010 03:38 PM
zobo1942
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 19
Slaves: 109

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy Lawzobo1942 09-15-2010

Sweet!

09-15-2010 04:30 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawHashut's Blessing 09-15-2010

Excellent to hear, o sleepless one! Just PM me the stuff and I'll get it posted up Wink

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

09-15-2010 07:10 PM
Clinkz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawClinkz 09-16-2010

Huzzar! Cheers!

09-16-2010 06:42 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawNicodemus 09-16-2010

It's done, and lurking out there in the chaotic Æther somewhere.  If Hashut's Blessing dares brave the perils of the realm of Chaos long enough to stick his gauntleted arm in and grab the file, it'll likely be posted tonight...

09-16-2010 02:52 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut's Big Book of Holy LawHashut's Blessing 09-17-2010

Sorry, you know how time gets up North Wink

Chaos Dwarf Radio Presents: The Sorcerer Patriarchs and Hashut’s Big Red Book of Holy Law (Part 2 of 2)
Mid September, 2010
Sorcerer Patriarchs: Nicodemus & Hashut’s Blessing
[ MP3 68.9 MB | Show Notes & Comments ]

Forgot to mention: I say that Bloodcrushers can't be a horde, but they can! THAT's a hugely scary prospect!

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

This post was last modified: 09-17-2010 07:26 PM by Hashut's Blessing.

09-17-2010 03:58 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Episode #9 of Chaos Dwarf Radio Hashut's Blessing 22 20,334 11-07-2010 09:56 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing
  Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 7 - May Hashut's Blessing 9 9,996 05-27-2010 08:34 PM
Last Post: Ronshank
  Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 6 - Hashut's Blessing Takes the Reigns Hashut's Blessing 10 10,705 03-29-2010 02:30 PM
Last Post: cornixt
  Golden Hat #11 - Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Xander 196 96,789 03-06-2010 04:52 PM
Last Post: Ishkur Cinderhat
  Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 5 - New 30 Minute Format Xander 8 9,336 01-13-2010 05:22 PM
Last Post: Uzkul Werit

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites