Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
The Word of Hashut- Issue #10
Author MessageThe Word of Hashut- Issue #10
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Willmark 10-29-2010

Click here to download The Word of Hashut No.10!

Well, well, well, another issue of Word of Hashut, Booyah! But once again late ah well with everything that has happened to me as of late I'm going let it slide this time. I know, I know, just don't tell anyone I said that: Oh wait this thing is on? Erm nevermind.

But wait, whats this I see? Damn it who was the slacking overlord that let the hobgoblins in? Not only did they get let in but it appears as if they have taken over the whole issue! Well we know what that means: I'm going to have to do some investigations, apply some force chokes and dark side slams as well. Now where is my light saber (looks at hobgoblin running off with it in to the depths...) Did I mention that this just hasn't been my year? Red bladed light saber swiped by a lowly hobgoblin... Word of the da Hobboz indeed. When I find the culprit its hobgoblin latrine duty for a year in the deepest darkest parts of Zharr Naggrund!

All kidding aside enjoy the read everyone. We figured this time around that we would do something different and with Issue #10 being our first to reach double digits (Woo-hoo!) that this was the time to do it. As I note in my Editorial I had this idea a long time ago but finally the time was right. It was also the reason why there was that illustration a hobgoblin talking for the last 2-3 issues talking about a "take over", now you know.

Well, enough of my blathering get busy downloading the latest and greatest issue of the Word of Hashut. Which in our humble opinion happens to be one of the best out there.

Until next time enjoy and see around the forum.

Willmark

As with previous issues there are a few more ways to view the Word of Hashut:
FOR THOSE WITH LOW SPEED CONNECTIONS: you can access a low res (its around 19 megs) version here (caution it will look terrible if you print it from this file) Click here to download the Low Rez version of The Word of Hashut!

View on Issuu!
http://issuu.com/willmark/docs/wohissue10_2

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 10-30-2010 11:05 PM by Willmark.

10-29-2010 11:20 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Willmark 10-29-2010

Also, as always if there is anything we missed let me know. I'm not too worried as there is always something that gets missed.

10-29-2010 11:32 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10tjub 10-30-2010

Wow, finally... Im just waiting for my morning coffie then Ill dig into it! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

10-30-2010 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fallen246
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 48

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Fallen246 10-30-2010

Slightly dissappointed that the only Mordheim related thing I saw in there was a warband?

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, and look forward to the next installment!

10-30-2010 02:40 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Nicodemus 10-30-2010

Grand!! Thanks again to the CDO staff and contributors!

~N

PS Not sure who needs the editor more: Me or WoH for that Slave pen piece... yikes.  Disappointing too that the Hobgoblin-themed game didn't make it in.  Not that I'd expect everything submitted would, but we wouldn't have taken the trouble of setting everything up taking pics and making notes on the ~3hrs of game play if it wasn't going to be used for sure.

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 10-30-2010 04:45 AM by Nicodemus.

10-30-2010 04:13 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Loki 10-30-2010

love the idea of a take over issue cant wait to read it Happy

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

10-30-2010 04:48 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Ishkur Cinderhat 10-30-2010

Excellent, new stuff to read on the weekend. Happy Great job!

10-30-2010 05:45 AM
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Da Crusha 10-30-2010

Im downloading it now, I can't wait!

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2
10-30-2010 05:46 AM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Slaves: 738

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10snowblizz 10-30-2010

Not sure if you are being thematic or something but...

table of contents:

p6 is about Hohgoblins ?

Man o War & da Stunty Forge are both about a HE vs CD game.

Thommy H is credited as a "wordsmioth" 2 times (same wording used for member spotlight and presentation of his fiction)

My handle is misspelled.

and I'm pretty sure it is spelled "enlighten" with an e.

Sorry to be a complainer... this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)

This post was last modified: 10-30-2010 06:31 AM by snowblizz.

10-30-2010 06:28 AM
Obsidian
Voice of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 226
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver x2                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Obsidian 10-30-2010

All what I have read so far is great and I cannot wait to have a proper read once the missus and I are back from doing the groceries! Cheers!

The Obsidian Forge
10-30-2010 06:38 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Hashut's Blessing 10-30-2010

Downloading and going to read as I "filler" up my terrain!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

10-30-2010 07:11 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Willmark 10-30-2010

Fallen246 Wrote:
Slightly dissappointed that the only Mordheim related thing I saw in there was a warband?

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, and look forward to the next installment!

Thats because the two things related to Mordheim were not supplied to us at all after they said they would be.

snowblizz Wrote:
Not sure if you are being thematic or something but...

table of contents:

Thommy H is credited as a "wordsmioth" 2 times (same wording used for member spotlight and presentation of his fiction)

My handle is misspelled.

and I'm pretty sure it is spelled "enlighten" with an e.

Sorry to be a complainer... this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

Nope thanks for pointing them out I'll take care of them as soon as I can.

As far as the idea from some about whether or not stuff making it in... lets just say that this issue was the worst with people saying they would do something... and then not doing it. Suffice of to say that it made for less then a fun experience producing it. So much so I was ready to quit in the middle of it.

So take it for what it is.

Nicodemus Wrote:
Grand!! Thanks again to the CDO staff and contributors!

~N

PS Not sure who needs the editor more: Me or WoH for that Slave pen piece... yikes.  Disappointing too that the Hobgoblin-themed game didn't make it in.  Not that I'd expect everything submitted would, but we wouldn't have taken the trouble of setting everything up taking pics and making notes on the ~3hrs of game play if it wasn't going to be used for sure.

At one point after I decided I would actually do this I made the decision to pair it back down and get it done. That said there is no reason why it cant go in  a future issue and possibly as early as #11.

I had a lot of ideas on how I wanted #10 to appear, needless to say they didn't all happen.

This post was last modified: 10-30-2010 08:15 AM by Willmark.

10-30-2010 08:08 AM
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10nitroglysarine 10-30-2010

downloaded and having a quick read through while the kids have lunch!

looks good!
thank you contributors and editors!!

10-30-2010 08:24 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10cornixt 10-30-2010

snowblizz Wrote:
this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

Nice one! I hope that "lose" was intentional, otherwise it adds more evidence to the universal rule that pointing out someone's spelling will cause you to slip up yourself.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
10-30-2010 09:57 AM
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10nitroglysarine 10-30-2010

I prefer Freudian slits,.. I mean slips!
It's when you say one thing but mean your mother,.. I mean another!

10-30-2010 10:05 AM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

cornixt Wrote:

snowblizz Wrote:
this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

Nice one! I hope that "lose" was intentional, otherwise it adds more evidence to the universal rule that pointing out someone's spelling will cause you to slip up yourself.

I got it wrong? Again? How the 'eck is that supposed to be. I was going with "loose" first, but then I remembered that #¤%& git who PMed me on another forum where I had used lose/loose wrongly and changed it. I'm thoroughly confused. OK I get it, letting loose, because they are well "loose" as in not attached. Gaaah! Pulling my hair out I am.

Let's just say that for us forrinurs that's a tricky one.

In that vein, BTW Willmark p 18 you have "boaxed" & "thatís", on p 19 there's a "say" that should probably be a "saw" and “ìliberated”. I'm not going to whine about the misplaced comma though, last line on the next to last paragraph. That would just be petty, right?

Oh, almost forgot, you have a "likely wise" that I think was supposed to be "likewise". Hmm and "struck in" and not "stuck in"? I presume. At the end there, p19.

I really appreciate the effort placed into this, and I'll just brag and say that *I* actually finished my piece well in time for WoH #9. Tongue Takes Hat off

Detailed scrutiny continues...

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)

This post was last modified: 10-30-2010 10:33 AM by snowblizz.

10-30-2010 10:26 AM
warh
Lammasu

Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10warh 10-30-2010

Great job but I'm swedish not danishTongue Wink

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

10-30-2010 10:45 AM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

warh Wrote:
Great job but I'm swedish not danishTongue Wink

Where I'm from that's not exactly something to brag about...

To continue Willmark, I think you've got some more Chaos God love there as a lot of apostrophes are rendered as " í "s in the article.

Also I think you "wish" you were feeling better. And you've misspelt Canada on page 21, along with Swissdictator.

Damn, I'm really starting to feel like I'm a grammar-n*** now. I'm honestly not trying to be difficult.

Thanks for the coverage and I'm sorry you got sick just there. Chicago next year? Hmm, I know people "close" by. Of course they hate Chicago with a passion so...

This post was last modified: 10-30-2010 10:54 AM by snowblizz.

10-30-2010 10:53 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Willmark 10-30-2010

What I think is also going on is in the middle/towards the end of this I opened up the file in a higher version of InDesign (CS3 vs. CS5) and I'm not as familiar with it as I am the older version.

That also explains the "boaxed" & "thatís" that are appearing at least to a large degree.

This is also the reason that why I don't take it to the larger web before here.

To all-
As far as the "dirty laundry" I was prepared to not speak about it but to be blunt it impacted this issue severely. And then this is on top of it being late last time, compounding it further. Its difficult to compile an issue with art and articles that you were planning on, not showing up. At this point I'm really not sure how to handle it. As in some cases I have to scramble to fill stuff, in others I have to yank other content because its not fitting in the case of Nico's stuff), not fitting as in layout.

Bottom line folks is this is becoming chore rather then being fun, whether or not I continue to do it remains to be seen. When I get some time I'll make the corrections that people have noted.

Also everyone needs to understand the layout is often a juggle, even if something is submitted. Sometimes things need to move to other issues for reasons that are not readily apparent.

And lastly this isn't about being defensive I have absolutely no problem with feedback. I will point out the the story of this issue and the last... isn't pretty. With what goes on behind the scenes... I'm surprised it even got out.

This post was last modified: 10-30-2010 11:07 AM by Willmark.

10-30-2010 11:03 AM
Ancient History
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 269
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Word of Hashut- Issue #10Ancient History 10-30-2010

Shadow and Flame continues to impress me.

10-30-2010 11:07 AM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Word of Hashut # 12 Hashut's Blessing 42 29,679 06-05-2012 04:25 PM
Last Post: Baggronor
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #11 Willmark 25 20,291 02-21-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Nicodemus
  The Word of Hashut- Issue #9 Willmark 30 24,589 08-12-2010 04:57 AM
Last Post: Skink