Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Golden Hat #14
Author MessageGolden Hat #14
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Ishkur Cinderhat 01-07-2011

Baggronor Wrote:

Quote:
No ideas whatsoever...

Shock Taurus? Lammasu? War Golem? Lord riding War Golem? Lord riding Juggernaut? Daemonic Engine? Tunnelling engine? Bull Centaur Lord? Greater Daemon of Hashut? Kollossus? CD Anvil of Doom? Chaos Dwarf War Pub Wink? Loads of stuff that it could be Cheers!

The info that

Quote:
It cannot be:

A duel or diorama
Infantry
Cavalry
Warbeast
War machine
Chariot
Swarm...

makes it not that easy.. It could not be a Kollossus since that would be a war machine, it cannot be a Bull Centaur Lord since that would make it cavalry, right? I'm not sure what qualifies as a war beast, but I would guess a Golem would not be one of those..

01-07-2011 08:15 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1334
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14cornixt 01-07-2011

It could be a small Kollosus (although that sounds like a contradiction in terms), mechanical/daemonic monster thingy, or a golem too. Warbeasts are things like regular giant wolves and horses.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

01-07-2011 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14nitroglysarine 01-07-2011

so war-beast = 1 Wound mount?

01-07-2011 09:32 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Grimstonefire 01-07-2011

There are no height limits on being a monster, so you can make a kollossus if you want.

Monsters of course don't have 'crew'... But you could justify a single engineer guy as some sort character and make it a ridden monster.

Technically I believe the hellcannon is classed as a monster (?)  Too lazy to check the FAQ.  but as you cannot have models on separate bases you'd need to find a very inventive way to get everything on 50mm base. Wink

A monstrous cavalry BC lord would be fine.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 10:33 AM by Grimstonefire.

01-07-2011 10:31 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Thommy H 01-07-2011

The Hellcannon is a Monster. The handlers in a unit with the Monster and Handlers special rule (and it is a special rule, not a Unit Type) are almost completely decorative in nature, and only matter in that when they're removed, the Monster has to take a monster reaction test (they also contribute to close combat, but their actual position is irrelevant). Mounting them on the same base is perfectly permissible, and so ought to be allowed here too - the model would be a Monster with the Monster and Handlers rule, that's all.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

01-07-2011 11:14 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 618
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Baggronor 01-07-2011

Quote:
Technically I believe the hellcannon is classed as a monster (?)

Yes, it deploys and behaves as a monster and handlers. War machines have crew and all those fiddly rules about different Toughness values for ranged and melee hits, 6 enemy models can attack them in melee, cowering instead of fleeing and so forth.

Quote:
It could not be a Kollossus since that would be a war machine, it cannot be a Bull Centaur Lord since that would make it cavalry, right?

Well, the Kollossus would only be a war machine in terms of fluff; in terms of rules, I would imagine it would be treated similarly to a Hellcannon, which is also a war machine in fluff, but a monster in the game. As for the BC Lord, I was thinking of him being Monstrous Infantry/Monstrous Beast/Monstrous Cavalry like in Thommy's book (or like the WF ones, if rumours are to be believed), as everything else on a 40-50mm base is one of those. And a Golem would surely be Monstrous Infantry.

Quote:
so war-beast = 1 Wound mount?

War Beasts are things like Dire Wolves and Chaos Hounds, animal units on cavalry bases, mainly introduced to stop them being classed as cavalry and causing confusion. Sometimes they can be used as mounts, in which case they become cavalry, so this doesn't include things like Juggernauts or a Pegasus as they are Monstrous Beasts and are on 40-50mm bases, regardless of their Wounds. They also get Stomp and all that.

http://www.titanwargames.com

This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 11:39 AM by Baggronor.

01-07-2011 11:35 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Grimstonefire 01-07-2011

I would actually be extremely impressed if anyone managed to fit a hellcannon onto a 50mm base.

The handlers thing does raise an interesting point.  I specifically said it all had to be on one base, which almost all the time the handlers are not.  So people would only be mounting them on this for fun or leaving them out entirely.

If anyone is wondering, just doing a random warmachine and classing it as a 'Hellcannon', i.e. a monster is not really in the spirit of the rules. Wink  Infact unless it clearly is a hellcannon model I won't allow it to be entered as it's clearly just a warmachine.

Some sort of daemon beast gun platform monster creature thing would be fine, just not a sneaky attempt to enter a death rocket somehow.

This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 12:20 PM by Grimstonefire.

01-07-2011 12:13 PM
nitroglysarine

RE: Golden Hat #14nitroglysarine 01-07-2011

Grimstonefire Wrote:
I would actually be extremely impressed if anyone managed to fit a hellcannon onto a 50mm base.

Pointed straight up? Takes Hat off

01-07-2011 12:23 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Thommy H 01-07-2011

It seems like a "war machine" that is visibly daemonic would be in the spirit of the rules, Grim, since the idea of Daemonic Engines (in whatever form they might come...) counting as Monsters and Handlers is now fairly entrenched. Indeed, I'm not sure where you'd draw the line between a cannon that's a daemon and a golem-type creature. They would both presumably be half-beast, half-machine in nature, right? As long as it looks pretty monstrous, like the Hellcannon, it ought to fit the criteria.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

01-07-2011 12:27 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Hashut's Blessing 01-07-2011

As long as it's clearly a monster that happens to have a shooting attack, rather than a warmachine that has hints of monster to it, no problems really. Obviously, there's subjectivity with that, so if you're worried, avoid that sort of thing Wink

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

01-07-2011 12:43 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1364
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Zanko 01-10-2011

I have a quite cool idea ... imo! Wink

Yesterday I started with the conversion work - I'm pleased so far but I'm not sure how to paint the stuff ... !

I will see ...

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

01-10-2011 03:37 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat #14vulcanologist 01-10-2011

Hmmm... I think I have the germ of an idea!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
01-10-2011 04:01 PM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 361
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Blue in VT 01-10-2011

Mad i have to say I'm a bit stumped on this one...with what I have in hand I'm not sure I can find something that fits with my mental image of what my Chaos Dwarf Force is all about...Unsure

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

01-10-2011 04:59 PM
ingtar_shinowa
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 20

RE: Golden Hat #14ingtar_shinowa 01-10-2011

So my squig riding Chaos Lord is out?!!!?!!

01-10-2011 08:03 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: Golden Hat #14Grimstonefire 01-10-2011

A chaos dwarf on a giant squig however...  Who am I kidding. Big Grin

Incidently, as always if anyone is planning on entering with something converted it would be nice if you took some pics before undercoating.  Not that we need to see them for your entry or anything, but these things are always interesting to see in blogs afterwards.

This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 08:12 PM by Grimstonefire.

01-10-2011 08:12 PM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 224

RE: Golden Hat #14gIL^ 01-12-2011

Yea i got nothing, 50mm is to small.

01-12-2011 07:52 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat #14Nicodemus 01-12-2011

gIL^ Wrote:
Yea i got nothing, 50mm is to small.

You can fit all kinds of goodness on a 50mm base Wink

... just maybe not on the scale of the Hellcannon unless you work upwards instead of outwards.  I'm reminded of the Hellcannon by Ibis, which I think could have just about fit on a 50mm base with a little effort:

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 11:23 PM by Nicodemus.

01-12-2011 11:19 PM
nitroglysarine

RE: Golden Hat #14nitroglysarine 01-13-2011

Not seen that cannon before.
with a bit of work, that could even be a mech-taurus!

01-13-2011 05:46 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: Golden Hat #14Grimstonefire 01-13-2011

That is an awesome model.  Gets my vote! (wait a second...)

It's also a good example of a monster that happens to have a war machine type attack, rather than a warmachine that happens to look a tiny bit like a monster.

01-13-2011 10:51 AM
nitroglysarine

RE: Golden Hat #14nitroglysarine 01-13-2011

so as long as it look like a monster and has say 40% machine bits showing, say arms, maybe a leg.

It's hard to judge the balance really. Even harder to try and describe (for me anyway)

01-13-2011 10:55 AM
Pages (8): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites