Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersDa Crusha 03-21-2011

congrats to all of the winners!

I don't wanna sound like a stick in the mud but umm... the only golden hat entry that didn't follow the rules won??? Im confused. yeah it looks fantastic but it doesn't even qualify to compete. I could understand if we were told to make shield bearers or an infantry unit filler. Ive noticed this as a growing trend as well. in the last Golden hat most of the models that won looked more like deamonsmiths than musicians, I'd love to see the units that those musicians came from. I don't want to start a bunch of trouble, I'm only saying.

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2
03-21-2011 01:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnersnitroglysarine 03-21-2011

I think it followed the count-as rule.
He is technically ridding something. :-S

03-21-2011 04:56 AM
G.2
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 177
Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersG.2 03-21-2011

Congratulations to ALL the winners. Job well done.

@Da Crusha: I applaud you for speaking your mind. I respect an honest opinion MORE than a popular opinion. - It doesn't mean I agree with it, I just respect it.

Again well done everyone.

G2 is short for George Georgiou.

Standing Small - G2's miniature blog

03-21-2011 05:41 AM
Alfract
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 155
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersAlfract 03-21-2011

i have no issues with Skink's entry as i see it as a counts as, i do have a problem with another entry though. No offence intended to Ishkur, but i thought that the Golden Hat was supposed to be a monster not a Lord model. What is yours Ishkur ... Golem? or BC Lord? Your blog says BC lord, how was this deemed legal...

The model is brilliant, but im just not sure how appropriate it was for this competition

03-21-2011 07:46 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersWillmark 03-21-2011

To answer the obvious question: the Staff debated the pros and cons of two entries, Skink's being one of them. There were pros and cons and the Staff came up with reasons both for and against.

No one should feel they can't speak their mind we encourage it (I'm sure the banned from last year will disagree Wink Just bear in mind that at some point the Staff will have to make a decision. People may or may not agree with our decisions, but I hope you guys at least understand them. I welcome anyone questioning if they feel they want to. At the end of the day sometimes not even the Staff is not in full agreement and we vote, democracy is like that, sometimes things you like happen, sometimes not so much.

It's also important to note that at some point it's like when I tell my kids "Because I said so!" Wink

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 03-21-2011 09:26 AM by Willmark.

03-21-2011 09:23 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 361
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersBlue in VT 03-21-2011

Listen...I certainly don't want to detract from Skink's fantastic entry... the quality of the work speaks for itself.

That said I do agree with Da Crusha on this point....I find it odd that the entry that has no inherent "monster" content (but lots of CD content) was the winner...while another that was all monster content (with no obvious CD content) was not even allowed to compete....Unsure

And yes I know that a decision had to be made...and I respect that decision (which is why I've bitten my tongue until now) but since the topic came up I wanted to offer my opinion.

Perhaps its best that my didn't make the cut...it paled in comparison to the allowed entries!

Cheers,

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

03-21-2011 11:52 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersTarrakk Blackhand 03-21-2011

I also voted my opinion to the staff on this one...in the end, I voted for those that adheared to the rules.

Sadly, the ones I didn't vote for won, and mine, which DID adhear to the rules lost. (Which would probably have been the case anyway.)

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
03-21-2011 12:51 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersNicodemus 03-21-2011

I think we all have to acknowledge that in the end the 1st place entry did garner the most votes. So although some of us may disagree with the entry piece for this competition... a lot more people voted for it.

Queue the 'counts as' entries for future contests Wink LOL
~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

03-21-2011 01:28 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

Yes...my Earth Shaker should "Count As" a Hobgoblin in a future contest. Big Grin

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
03-21-2011 01:49 PM
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnersnitroglysarine 03-21-2011

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:
Yes...my Earth Shaker should "Count As" a Hobgoblin in a future contest. Big Grin

I call into power Rule 7. Takes Hat off

03-21-2011 01:53 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

Hey, just joking people! Big Grin

03-21-2011 01:56 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV Winnerscornixt 03-21-2011

Some of the entries were very difficult to decide if they were valid or not. One thing for sure though, if you don't ask us in time, then we can't tell you in time for you to make alternative arrangements.

Ultimately a decision has to be made, and it isn't life or death but we WILL make the wrong decision from time to time. Anyone is more than welcome to raise these kinds of issues in the voting threads and possibly dissuade people from voting for certain entries on those grounds. In this case, it seems that few were discouraged for the top few entries at least.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

03-21-2011 02:11 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               

Look at it the way it was a Samurai's right to protest against the wishes of his liege lord, the final protest he could make was seppuku,er wait a minute.

Blue your entry was likewise part of this discussion.

To round this out folks. In most cases we try to do the best job possible. That said. There is no way to account for everything as entries aren't reviewed until the voting threads (for the most part). Grim is very diligent about the formatting of the rules but things always pop up. With that said we'll be looking at more specific fare next time.

03-21-2011 02:32 PM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 361
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersBlue in VT 03-21-2011

Willmark Wrote:
Blue your entry was likewise part of this discussion.

Takes Hat off I appreciate that Willmark...and Grimm had let me know that as well...Still disappointing on my end...but in the grand scheme of things its a relatively small annoyance.

I'm still excited to see what the next topic will be!! though now intimidated by the quality demanded to be in the running...Wink

Cheers!

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

03-21-2011 02:55 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Thanks for bring sane about it, worthy of some slaves methinks.

03-21-2011 04:17 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersIshkur Cinderhat 03-21-2011

Alfract Wrote:
No offence intended to Ishkur, but i thought that the Golden Hat was supposed to be a monster not a Lord model. What is yours Ishkur ... Golem? or BC Lord? Your blog says BC lord, how was this deemed legal...

The model is brilliant, but im just not sure how appropriate it was for this competition

Well to answer that: a monstrous bull centaur lord was openly discussed and clearly stated as being acceptable in the GHXIV thread here and here.

I read the rules and followed the rules, that's how I qualified. I don't feel in any way that I actually sneaked in something and got away with it. I'm sorry if you feel like that. Sad

03-21-2011 05:36 PM
Alfract
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 155
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersAlfract 03-21-2011

fair enough, sorry for my misunderstanding

03-21-2011 05:54 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

It's all love at CDO apparently.

03-21-2011 06:19 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

Well, I think the problem was that this clarification wasn't in the "Main Rules" on the front page. I certainly missed it.

03-21-2011 08:45 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIV WinnersXander 03-22-2011

Great entries everyone!

Congrats to the winners. Happy

All this monster action has made me want to get that Raging Heroes Lammasu...

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
03-22-2011 08:29 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXXIII: Winners! Admiral 12 2,762 10-07-2019 07:19 AM
Last Post: Jasko
  Golden Hat XXXII: Winners! Admiral 11 5,685 04-01-2019 03:26 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Golden Hat XXXI - Winners! Admiral 11 2,631 11-29-2018 04:43 PM
Last Post: Grimstonefire
  Golden Hat XXX - Winners! Admiral 23 5,065 07-29-2018 07:06 AM
Last Post: Ghrask Dragh