Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (29): « First < Previous 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Slaughterers (my new blog)
Author MessageThe Slaughterers (my new blog)
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 10-26-2013

@Satan

Cheers.  Some good ideas there.  Specifically on the casting front I was paid last week so I can look to get a new mould made now.

If anyone is wondering, I used the following, all old school colours:

Red themed
Black layer (to touch up undercoat)
Scab red
Blazing orange
Snakebite leather

Green themed
Dark angels/black mixed undercoat
dark angels/black/enchanted blue
enchanted blue/ emerald green
enchanted blue/ emerald green/ rotting flesh highlight

The green way is a lot more involved, I tried to copy the Dark Eldar Black Heart Cabal painting with the paints I have, only with the 'fracture' lines to make it look like black'shard' armour.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 05:54 AM by Grimstonefire.

10-26-2013 05:53 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 12-29-2013

Finally, as I've intended to all year, an update to show I haven't been lazy! Wink

My army as it stands, including those unassembled (forgive the odd names):

Lord (GW)
Lord (GW)
Drazhoath the Ashen
Hero (GW)
Hero (HW)
Hero (HW & shield)
Hero (HW & Pistol)
Hero on Mechanical Mount

Engineer (HW)
Engineer (HW)
Engineer (HW)
Sorcerer (HW)
Sorcerer (GW)
Sorcerer (HW)
Lammasu (no rider yet)

Most of the above heroes I need two models for to match my fluff as they're all named characters.  One before the 'fall' and one set after.  Which conveniently also conveniently suits my changing tastes over the years.

Hobgoblin Khan (on foot)

70 Infernal Guard (HW & shield) - 'red armour'
30 Infernal Guard (Fireglaive) - 'red armour'
30 Infernal Guard (Blunderbuss) - 'red armour'
30 Infernal Guard (Blunderbuss) - 'green armour'
40 Infernal Guard (GW) - 'green armour'
40 Brotherhood of Hashut (Halberd) - 'Cult of the Bull'
40 Brotherhood of Hashut (Halberd) - 'Cult of Darkness'
10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (unsure of how to arm)

30 Hobgoblins (2nd HW)
20 Hobgoblins (bows)
20 Berserkers
10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders

3 Bull Centaur Renders

Siege Giant
Hellcannon
Hellcannon
Dreadquake Mortar
Death Shrieker
Magma Cannon
Iron Daemon
Hellbound Iron Daemon
Hellbound Magma Cannon

Destroyer

Apologies for the rubbish photos, as I complete each unit I will update:

70 Infernal Guard with Hand Weapon and Shield (red)

30 Infernal Guard with Blunderbuss (green)

30 Infernal Guard with Fireglaives (red)

Finally, the big one I've been looking forwards to posting for years (admittedly still needing painting), my take on a giant robot/destroyer.  Shame I didn't enter it in GH Sad

This post was last modified: 12-29-2013 06:37 PM by Grimstonefire.

12-29-2013 12:15 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 175
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimbold Blackhammer 12-29-2013

That's a lot of dwarfs!  Nice post!!

I would have voted for that K'daii Destroyer in a heartbeat!

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
12-29-2013 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Xander 12-29-2013

Awesome Kollossus! Big Grin Well done. Happy

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
12-29-2013 01:26 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 713
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Skink 12-29-2013

That is a huge amount of Dwarfs. And most of them are painted! I bet you're sick of infantry by now... On which model you based your Destroyer? Doesn't look like Forgeworld or Games-Workshop.

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
12-29-2013 01:37 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Bloodbeard 12-29-2013

Wow. So many stunties in one unit.

The destroyer is really great - one of the best ones I've seen.

I'm a big fan of the "daemon captured in an armoured cage" concept. But this mega killer robot works. Destroyer indeed.

Looking forward to seeing it with some paint.

12-29-2013 02:25 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 12-29-2013

Cheers all.

All the CD shown in those pics are less than half of those I need to paint...  Bearing in mind my paint scheme is more complex than most as well, I am already getting sick of painting them all.  I'm trying to batch paint them in groups of 5.

The model is a Khador Collossal from privateer press.

I did a lot of work on it, my original plan was to recast the legs so he'd have 4, but after successfully recasting just one segment I gave up as it was too much work.

12-29-2013 03:39 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Yodrin 12-29-2013

Wow, nice update, and a lot of minisHappy

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

12-29-2013 04:06 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1538
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)tjub 12-30-2013

Cool robot, a bit tempted myself! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

12-30-2013 05:05 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 04-02-2015

Well, I only had to go back 7 pages to find my blog as I didn't post at all in here in the whole of 2014!?!?  That's sad.

I've been doing a lot of painting of my Infernal Guard in the last couple of weeks.  I hope to soon show a unit of 30 blunderbussers and 30 fireglaives.  One unit painted in my red blackshard and another in my green sons of horus type blackshard.

Also, I've actually undercoated my Taurus *WOW*.  I have a plan in mind for the base, I'm calling it 'vision of hell', to go with an end times theme.  It's going to be loads of dead mangled slave bodies piled up.

Fluffwise I'm thinking of taking my army an interesting direction, whereby they are going to kill off all their slaves in a prolonged mass genocide because it's the end times and they're crazy.  A Chaos Dwarf army with no slaves... intriguing.  Note that I'm not counting Hobgoblins as slaves.  It's going to be kill or be killed with no mercy or need to take prisoners.

This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 01:25 PM by Grimstonefire.

04-02-2015 01:24 PM
ashur
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 68

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)ashur 04-02-2015

Amazing job as always. I'm glad to see your armies progress again.

What do you think about the End Times fluff concerning CD? Are you going to mix your own fluff with it since greenskins destroyed us?

Dawi-Zharr of all countries, unite !

minies:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...67#pid8567

Background:

Chaos Dwarfs and Kingdoms of Ind - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid289243
The Dragon Isles - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17958
The edge of the World - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18055

Estalia:
the nature of Estalia - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17975
The priestess and the tarasca - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid290710
04-02-2015 02:52 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 04-02-2015

Well, I've yet to read exactly what happens to our empire as a whole (a crap piece of fluff if ever I heard one btw), but it's irrelevant to my army anyway.

My army fluff pre-empted this bubblehammer idea by a few years, so it's just going to head back in that direction again and be a floating fortress.   Whilst it was always flexible, it does completely change the ending I had planned.

04-02-2015 03:16 PM
Scar
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 200
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Silver                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Scar 04-02-2015

Nice! Love that colossal conversion! Great job! Big Grin

04-02-2015 04:57 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 04-04-2015

So, as I was alluding to here, my 'black crystal' Taurus WIP.

It's going to take a very long time to get this done, but I went from black undercoat to this in one day, so maybe not forever.

What colour for the wings?  Or wait to decide until the skin is done?

The main thing I want to convey is that the model is convincingly made from something unusual and not that the Taurus has stood there and had graffiti sprayed on, if you know what I mean.  

This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 11:27 AM by Grimstonefire.

04-04-2015 11:26 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 713
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Skink 04-04-2015

Grimstonefire Wrote:
The main thing I want to convey is that the model is convincingly made from something unusual and not that the Taurus has stood there and had graffiti sprayed on, if you know what I mean.  

Well, mission accomplished. I can see that you already started to paint highlights on the monster's thighs. It's going to take one hell of an effort to paint a big model this way, but if done correctly the result is going to be ridicoulously epic.

By my experience, if you paint something "dark" you want to give it some "bright" focal points. Therefore, you could paint the armor, nostrils, eyes and hooves with  bright colors to help them stand out... I don't know what I would do with the wings honestly... If you don't have any ideas probably you should leave them for last.

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 02:38 PM by Skink.

04-04-2015 11:41 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Yodrin 04-04-2015

Thats an awesmoe start on the BT, and what a job it is. It gonna blow everything away when done!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-04-2015 12:29 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 04-04-2015

Skink Wrote:
By my experience, if you paint something "dark" you want to give it some "bright" focal points. Therefore, you could paint the armor, nostrils, eyes and hooves with  bright colors to help them stand out...

See that's my confusion here, is this going to be a dark model or not?  The highlights are pure white mostly, so I think it's actually going to be quite bright overall.  But still black...

Tricky.  I guess just decide that for the wings when I get the skin done.

The eyes, nostrils will be a daemonic red to stand out.

@Yodrin

I'm also thinking of doing object source lighting on the flames from Drazhoath and a large freehand banner.  I think 'going all out' is an understatement, I'm going to make this by far the best model I've ever done.

The armour I may actually attempt NMM, taking my inspiration from Ravenwood.

You can see what I mean about a character model having armour painted like this would look very nice I think.  I'm going to eventually give it a go on my BSB.

This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 02:34 PM by Grimstonefire.

04-04-2015 02:27 PM
Doombeard
Unregistered

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Doombeard 04-04-2015

break up some of the lines with some minute noise and chatter so they aren't so perfect, vary them in thickness and length, and they will look more natural , starting to look nice already

04-04-2015 02:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Bassman 04-06-2015

Are you selling 2 of them for only 10 Pounds? Great, that's a bargain :-D

Tremendous job here and great idea the crystal taurus. Longing to see more!

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

04-06-2015 05:46 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

RE: The Slaughterers (my new blog)Grimstonefire 04-08-2015

So I've been looking for ages to try and find the standard bearer and musician for the fireglaives as I was certain I had them somewhere.  However, I never actually made any.  So here they are.

The head on the musician is from AoW apoc warriors.

04-08-2015 03:51 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites