Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!
Author MessageGolden Hat XV - Voting Thread!
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!JMR 07-04-2011

Well, my votes are in. I've voted with the question in mind: "Do I want to see 20-30 of these guys ranked up?"

Really great to see such a large number of entries. Gives me inspiration for working on my own models Happy

Can't wait to see the results! Altough to be fair I'm pretty sure which one is gonna win first place Tongue (not mine Wink)

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-
07-04-2011 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 739

RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!snowblizz 07-04-2011

G.2 Wrote:
I can tell by all the recent posts, that a few people are jittery with excitement.

@snowbizz: You may find it easier to select your top three by doing a process of elimination. Do something like this. Pick the 3-5 that you "dislike" the most. Then do this process again from the ones that are remaining. And again. Then you should end up with about 5-8 that you really like. Then with these ones. You can start being super critical. Consider things like, a) How skillful is the painting/sculpting, b) Is it mini that you would really like to own, c) can you see a colour which looks out of place, d) does the base suit the mini.

Hopefully this helps out.

Something like that is what I'll be doing, right now I'm thinking I'll download all pictures and keep deleting the ones I "dis"like and see what I'm left with. I'm still thinking I'm going to have to start making decisions on "frivolous" grounds just to narrow it down.

It's a painting competition so I'd like to be able to just look at the painting, but alas, so so so many choices.

Ha! Now I know, it said 4 photos, some have more than 4 views are are so using more than 4 pictures which is "against the rules". Chop, chop from my longlist... Wink

EDIT: Being harsher than I've ever had to be I'm now down to 11.
EDIT2: Oh the humanity, the humanity... finally down to 3. It was brutal, brutal I tell you.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)

This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 12:10 PM by snowblizz.

07-04-2011 11:40 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Admiral 07-04-2011

I'll be doing like JMR, that is, asking myself what three miniatures I'd like to see a 20-30 model unit of, since that's what the competition is about. Bizarrely, this threatens to cut out two of the best painted samples. Tongue

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 12:26 PM by Admiral.

07-04-2011 12:26 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Zanko 07-04-2011

Holy crap ... there are some really amazing models! Takes Hat off

I thought we will see more FW guys.

It's difficult to find the 3 "best" ones ... I think I will need some more time to choose them! Wink

Update: My votes are made - very diffucult decision!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 02:05 PM by Zanko.

07-04-2011 12:46 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Admiral 07-04-2011

By the way, thank you Xander, for putting together such a good compilation. Happy

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
07-04-2011 03:46 PM
EEJR
Slave

Slaves: 29

RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!EEJR 07-04-2011

Haha, there's a Chaos Dwarf made from the old Chaos Warriors with bodies in riot against themselves. Best use of them! Big Grin

Never trust an elf!

This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 04:15 PM by EEJR.

07-04-2011 04:14 PM
Nebuchandnezzar
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 22

RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Nebuchandnezzar 07-04-2011

Just placed my votes, one model caught my attention straight away for first but secon and third was an extremely hard desicion.
All great entries Takes Hat off

My new Chaos Dwarf blog will be coming soon to a computer screen near you....
07-04-2011 04:40 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 1

RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Borador 07-04-2011

Dear Mister Voting Thread,

After reading you, I felt the dire need to reply.
Please end very soon (and give me a vote). I wish to know who will win this clash of the Titans. Yes, it is true that some voters are torn between Scylla and Charibdis due to only being able to cast three votes, but I suspect even they can make up their minds very soon.

What I wish to say most is that I have feelings of great respect to all the contestants, who once again came up with brilliant work, and to all the staff members who made all this possible. And to you, Mantic Games, I raise my glass, you really went up the ladder by sponsoring this contest.

Looking forward to reading you soon again, Mister Voting Thread.

I bid thee farewell, and good night.

Sincerely yours,

Borador, Grand Aviator of the 101st DZAF regiment of Uzkulak

07-04-2011 04:41 PM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 361
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Blue in VT 07-04-2011

Wow!! As usual with this contest I am completely amazed at the talent and ability of the members of this community.  Everyone who entered should be proud of their entry... There is not a warrior here I would be ashamed to have in my army.

That said I have a few favorites from the options... Way more than three... But eventually I was able to narrow it down... My votes are in!

Again... Cheers to all!

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

07-04-2011 05:38 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Abecedar 07-04-2011

re-sent mine in again this am, australian time though.  Doesn't matter about the votes, I just want my mini to be in there so as to be included amongst that awesome company.  Well a sympathy vote wouldn't go astray.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-04-2011 07:14 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Pyro Stick 07-04-2011

My votes are in. I think i can guess about 11 of the entries (inc my own which are always pretty obvious entries lol) but i recognise a lot more. just cant put a name to the paint job because i dont check out blogs enough. Excellent turn out and its nice to see some warhammer forge models appearing but i thought we would have seen a few more.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 07:38 PM by Pyro Stick.

07-04-2011 07:37 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
G.2
Lammasu

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 177
Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!G.2 07-04-2011

snowblizz Wrote:
Ha! Now I know, it said 4 photos, some have more than 4 views are are so using more than 4 pictures which is "against the rules". Chop, chop from my longlist... Wink

You may need to be careful with this logic. I too noticed that some entries to have 5 photos and not just 4 (or less). Then upon closer examination, i noticed that 2 photos in that composition were identical. So I am thinking that the admin staff who compiled the photos may have just made a slight error during the photoshop"ing" process. After all their were a LOT of entries.

G2 is short for George Georgiou.

Standing Small - G2's miniature blog

07-04-2011 07:44 PM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Thorne 07-04-2011

The biggest problem I am having is to decide what a rank and file evil dwarf is. Many of the entries this competition seam just a bit to special to be rank and file. Great effort everyone. I shall cast my vote when I am able to work out which ones is what I would consider what category.

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.
07-04-2011 08:08 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 1

RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Borador 07-05-2011

Thorne, elite rank 'n' file? "Big Grin"

@ G.2 yes I believe those pictures are the same, the "top" one is zoomed in a bit. Maybe it is due to the size a finished entry picture gets that they put the same picture on top of each other. I'd say to whoever sent that entry in, next time send seperate pictures again!

@Abecedar curious to see what you made! Sadly, I already voted Sad

@Pyro 11 is quite a lot! I think I know about 17 or 18 now I think. Seems that our own styles are still preferred, a lot more than I expected as well by the way.

07-05-2011 12:37 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Abecedar 07-05-2011

Pretty easy to guess me and mine considering my "affiliations.   Mind you you'd think a guy with my lack of hair would prefer hats. but beanies are sort of masky/helmy aren't they?.  Ah-Ha an Evil Cd in a beanie with pom-poms on it.   Boradors is about the only one I've got pegged so far.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-05-2011 02:34 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!tjub 07-05-2011

The only thing I can say about champion/rank'n'file/elite is that the creators dont all think alike. My entry is supposed to be and rank'n'file Immortal/2nd warrior unit.
IMO none of the entrys were "too much" character to enter this comp.

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

This post was last modified: 07-05-2011 04:24 AM by tjub.

07-05-2011 04:21 AM
Loki
Wearer of the Big Hat

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 269
Best Attitude - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Loki 07-05-2011

Great work every one and best of luck to all the entries there is a really great mix of old and new models as well as loads of great conversions

Fequiil Said
------------------------------------------------
yeah, everybody can just say that, but when loki speaks...
everything is different.Wink

07-05-2011 04:29 AM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!Thorne 07-05-2011

I voted. Not too sure I picked the right ones either but with the competition this fierce it's going to be bloody hard Big Grin

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.
07-05-2011 04:47 AM
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!nitroglysarine 07-05-2011

tjub Wrote:
The only thing I can say about champion/rank'n'file/elite is that the creators dont all think alike. My entry is supposed to be and rank'n'file Immortal/2nd warrior unit.
IMO none of the entrys were "too much" character to enter this comp.

I think a couple looked like they could have been the unit champions, but I guess that comes from high detail and extras on them that would normally identify them as 'champions'

07-05-2011 04:56 AM
snowblizz
Chaos Dwarf Comedian

Slaves: 739

RE: Golden Hat XV - Voting Thread!snowblizz 07-05-2011

G.2 Wrote:

snowblizz Wrote:

You may need to be careful with this logic. I too noticed that some entries to have 5 photos and not just 4 (or less). Then upon closer examination, i noticed that 2 photos in that composition were identical. So I am thinking that the admin staff who compiled the photos may have just made a slight error during the photoshop"ing" process. After all their were a LOT of entries.

Winky face, winky face...

I had to go with something to cut it down though.

At beta: WarFoundry armylist application (cross-platform, multi-system and open source)
WarFoundry datafile group (Big Hattiest datafile group in the world)
07-05-2011 05:32 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXXIII: Voting! Admiral 22 18,609 09-29-2019 12:26 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Golden Hat XXXII - Voting! Admiral 17 7,036 03-28-2019 02:52 PM
Last Post: Gargolock
  Golden Hat XXXI - Voting! Admiral 10 3,370 11-22-2018 09:51 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Golden Hat XXX - Voting! Admiral 12 4,559 07-19-2018 12:04 PM