CDO Forums
Show your snow sculptures! - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Show your snow sculptures! (/showthread.php?tid=14055)

Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 02-12-2014 07:13 AM

A place for any wacky snow sculptures you might conjure in the biting cold of wintertime.

To start off, here's mine from this year. I stopped before doing details because thaw set in. Now it's melting fast:

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-25-2015 03:03 PM

Snow ahoy! Winter means building snowmen for the childish of us, and that means Warhammer snowmen for the fanatics.

The current ones in our garden this year were carved in icy and powdery snow, which punished any attempt at details. They turned out primitive, but were fun.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you Mr. Dwarf and the double-headed Ogre Ob and Bob:

Do you have any cool creations of your own to share?

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Yodrin - 01-25-2015 04:56 PM

Ha ha, that so cool!!!!

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - MadHatter - 01-31-2015 11:26 PM

You would've won Artisans with a Chaos Dwarf one.

Wow man, just wow.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - tjub - 02-01-2015 04:46 AM

Haha, what about a Artisian Chaos Dwarf Snowman? TongueBig Grin

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Helblindi - 02-02-2015 02:20 AM

These are from two years ago. We only had one day of sculptable snow this year, and did not use it.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-02-2015 11:16 AM

what's snow?

just kidding Wink

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Fuggit Khan - 02-02-2015 12:49 PM

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed Wrote:
what's snow?

Snow? I think I saw it once, about 30 years ago?
As we like to say here in California: "The best part of winter is watching it on TV in the rest of the world"

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Abecedar - 02-03-2015 02:39 AM

Move to Tasmania, It can snow there at XMas sometimes

My wife says the snow-cat is Purrrrfect.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 02-03-2015 02:55 PM

Herby, that's a couple of nice snowmen, particularly the arms. Good ones!

@MadHatter & tjub: Haha, that one never occurred to me. Big Grin

Helblindi, that's impressive to boot. Have some slaves! Takes Hat off

Haha, you southerners need a good winter as much as you need some fresh Viking raids! Tongue Wink

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed - 02-05-2015 05:06 AM

Herby Wrote:

what's snow?

just kidding Wink

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

what's snow?

Snow? I think I saw it once, about 30 years ago?
As we like to say here in California: "The best part of winter is watching it on TV in the rest of the world"

Ooh! I'm sorry. I can't imagine how it is to celebrate Christmas without snow. As for someone like me who has grown up with it it's just unthinkable. Snow usually starts to fall in the middle of December in my region. And it sometimes stays snowy till March. And in some years the snow starts falling after Christmas. We then call it a bad or at least a not so good Christmas because Christmas without snow isn't Christmas. Sorcerer

So true... i lived in Czech Republic from 2007-2010 so my whole perspective on snow changed. No snow at christmas does feel strange even though i have lived most of my years in sunny Sydney. After a real snowy christmas it is strange to go back Happy

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Yodrin - 02-05-2015 07:11 AM

Snow? We got it here in VikinglandHappy. -20 today, kinda cold...

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Fuggit Khan - 02-05-2015 12:37 PM

Yodrin Wrote:
-20 today, kinda cold...

Shock -20 ????!!!!

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Bloodbeard - 02-05-2015 01:42 PM

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Yodrin Wrote:
-20 today, kinda cold...

Shock -20 ????!!!!

That would be -4 fahrenheit for all you non-metric people across the atlantic.

-20 F would equal -28 C.

Bloody cold. We've had -10 C today and some extra wind chill factor. Love it!

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Cronos - 02-05-2015 03:43 PM

This is one of the few redeeming factors of winter - snow is awesome to look at and play with. Too bad it requires cold Wink Kudos for awesome snow sculptures, thanks for sharing!

Having I spent the majority of my first three decades on this planet in the forests of northern Sweden, I am now a happy resident of California and have joined the crowd of "snow happens to other people" Big Grin I will readily admit that Christmas lost its luster without snow though...

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Mivrash Faz - 02-05-2015 05:25 PM

Lost all my love for snow and winter when I was in the army. Joined in October, started basic training (GMT) in mid November (3.2k runs at 5am in-10 to -20 temps, 12k ruck marches on nice icy roads, class room instruction held in hooches, or Korean war vintage tents , most of our meals were eaten outside or in shacks with holes in the walls big enough to drive a tank through Sick) I didn't thaw out until July. Snow is only nice in a picture, when viewed in August.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 02-25-2015 04:47 AM

@Mivrash Faz: No wonder Hell was frozen over in Norse mythology.

A team consisting of me, my brother and a friend of ours participated in a little snow sculpture event. It went as planned.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 02-25-2015 04:59 AM

Valhalla, I am coming! Thank you, Herby!

The viking dwarf was entered into an event themed "snowman friend". So we made a fearsome Dwarf ally whom everyone would like to have as friend, and not enemy. Big Grin

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - MadHatter - 02-25-2015 05:01 AM

Great job man Cheers!

that dwarf is the best one so far Cheers!

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 02-25-2015 05:11 AM

Thanks! Our friend came up with the idea and led the common sculpting (we had 4 hours to go, with an icy block to attack). It's in the 1:1 scale. Once the basic shapes were cut out, I did the head and beard, and details like the shield boss and scalemail. My brother did the cloak and made a very good circle shield. Our buddy made the knife arm and shoulder pads.

It's in the 1:1 scale. I wonder how long it takes before someone puts an object into its gaping mouth. My brother placed a baguette and an empty bottle in it while we sculpted away.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-15-2018 06:58 PM

Some quick heads from this weekend's ski trip. Spent most of the spare time digging snow. A few Dwarf heads in there (and an unfinished Dwarf and T-rex head, owing to the metal spades breaking against the hardened, icy snow crust):

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - tjub - 01-16-2018 04:14 PM

@Admiral, what is this snow you speak of? /GBG Shock

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-16-2018 09:21 PM

Tjub, snow is what we're presently drowning in up north. I had planned to spend most of the day sculpting on a long-planned project, but Father Winter harboured other plans. Had to spend most of the day shovelling snow. It's still pouring down, wonderful!

Some of the shovelled snow was collected in a ramp, to make a snow dwarf. It's not thaw enough for building easily (I tried), so no helmet or even full face this time, only a simple low head. This face will meet the children when they go to school tomorrow morning, and the adults when they drive to their jobs:

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - HPN - 01-17-2018 02:50 AM

No snow here this year unlukily!  And considering my holidays are already finished, is better if none shows up now. Big Grin

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 12-18-2018 05:44 PM

It's that time of the year! Anyone up for a snow sculpture challenge? A Chaos Dwarf in big hat could be demanding to pull off. Wink

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Uther the unhinged - 12-18-2018 06:33 PM

Awesome sculpt! Sadly us welsh are limited. Our h2o is almost always liquid and mud sculpts are more Nurgle than Hashut.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Bolg - 12-19-2018 07:11 AM

Oh my some of these are really cool!

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 12-19-2018 02:07 PM

Thanks a lot! I thought Wales was marked as ocean on maps?

And then they were two:

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-12-2019 05:26 PM

Can you trust an elf?

The icy and lumpy snow made this one tricky, and pulled down the quality drastically, as well as having it end up way too thin. Still, it's a face.

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Skink - 01-12-2019 06:15 PM

An elf face! And, as of now, I would kill for a decent black pist run Sad. Man I want to ski Mad!!!!

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - tjub - 01-13-2019 04:12 AM

Impressive Mathias! Haven't seen snow around these parts yet, just fog rain and ice... Mad

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-13-2019 06:19 PM

Tack! Snow is bliss, aye!

Though it's currently too frosty and lumpy to be much good for detailwork. It would not have been advisable to attempt teeth with such material:

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-18-2019 03:46 PM

A plague of Dwarfs!

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-21-2019 12:50 PM

Fimir and Orc:

Dwarf head Tetrarchy carved out of icily lump and gravel-filled snow. Not good material:

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 02-25-2019 05:59 PM

Snow is melting fast, but here is a comic police dog in snow for a young member of the extended family:

RE: Show your snow sculptures! - Admiral - 01-19-2021 08:38 AM

It is that time of the year! Snow has finally come in droves. Days and days of shovelling and skiing has ensued. Blissful.