Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Ishkurs Undead Host
Author MessageIshkurs Undead Host
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
Ishkurs Undead HostIshkur Cinderhat 02-26-2012

Hey guys! At last I can showcase my first unit of an vampire counts army that is (very slowly) taking shape on my workdesk. ^^

I decided to start off this new project with a unit of grave guard.

As a unit filler I built a small dolmen that goes nicely with this particular unit fluff-wise and stilistically. And it saved me the effort and material needed for 6 more warriors. ^^

I wanted them to look really ancient and tried to emphasize that their style and technology does not really match either the Empire, Norse or the Tomb King's styles. The colours of the armour and bones were achieved simply by washing with several shades of Devlan mud, Thraka Green, Gryphonne sepia and / or Badab black.. I found I really wanted to have this kind of colouring while battling (way too many) Draugr in Skyrim. Happy

The unit is led by an yet-to-be-named wight king, that model was just way too cool to not be used in my host!

02-26-2012 11:30 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 536
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostThommy H 02-26-2012

Fantastic unit. Really, really like that.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

02-26-2012 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dncswlf
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 59

RE: Ishkurs Undead Hostdncswlf 02-26-2012

wow!  your unit filler is wicked!  really awesome, I love the way you made the foot troops fit in with it!  What a great unit, I love the colors.. can't wait to see more!

Check out my blogs, lots of oldies but goodies:

Dncswlf's Chaos Dwarf Blog
My blog of other stuff
02-26-2012 12:32 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead Hostvulcanologist 02-26-2012

Quite simply one of the nicest looking units I've seen! Beautiful!

What do you use for your backgrounds ishkur? Really sets your models off!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!

This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 04:55 PM by Hashut's Blessing.

02-26-2012 02:20 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GRNDL
The Last Word of Hashut and Mediocrity

Slaves: 158
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostGRNDL 02-26-2012

Thems are weird Chaos Dwarfs. Too tall for starters.

Takes Hat off GRNDL's CD Army Blog  

02-26-2012 02:28 PM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 620
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostBaggronor 02-26-2012

Quote:
At last I can showcase my first unit of an vampire counts army that is (very slowly) taking shape on my workdesk. ^^

I think your definition of 'very slowly' is different to mine Happy

Awesome stuff as always, nice to see a lighter colour scheme for a VCs army, not the usual blacks and reds. That banner is really quite special too.

http://www.titanwargames.com
02-26-2012 03:22 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostIshkur Cinderhat 02-26-2012

Glad you like them! Takes Hat off

Well it is kinda slow considering that I started work on these in mid January and only finished the wight king yesterday. Albeit some of that time was spent for re-painting things that didn't look like I wanted them to - such as the bases or the banner for instance, which I probably redid 3 or 4 times until I had found a design that I was happy with. Such trial-and-error is quite typical for me when I start a new army, but hopefully the final design will now be easy to translate to other units. It certainly will work fine with skeletons and ghouls (possibly zombies), maybe not so much with corpse carts and dire wolves.. only time will tell! ^^

@vulcanologist: I use these: http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2010/0...ounds.html

lolz @ GRNDL Big Grin

02-26-2012 04:07 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostKera foehunter 02-26-2012

Ish  
you know what ??  each time i see your figure  they are 10 time better than the last one.
Have you sold your soul to Hashut??

The last of female chaos dwarf
02-26-2012 04:22 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Slaves: 536
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostThommy H 02-26-2012

Quote:
Such trial-and-error is quite typical for me

What? And all this time I was sitting here thinking you were just incredibly talented? Pfft...anyone can be good at stuff if they practice and persevere. It's tantamount to cheating.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

02-26-2012 04:25 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostHashut's Blessing 02-26-2012

Perhaps the most enjoyable Undead unit I've seen.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

02-26-2012 05:01 PM
warh
Lammasu

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 267
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead Hostwarh 02-26-2012

And I was sure I would never like something in lightgray-purple and washed!

"In White Dwarf We Trust"

02-26-2012 05:54 PM
ChungEssence
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 64

RE: Ishkurs Undead HostChungEssence 02-26-2012

Unit looks amazing.

Really like the filler and the scheme

02-26-2012 07:58 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead Hosttjub 02-27-2012

Wow!

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

02-27-2012 01:28 AM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Slaves: 1

RE: Ishkurs Undead HostBorador 02-27-2012

Totally love them! This is amazing, as always.
Don't get me started about Draugr, I Fus-Ro-Dah'd way too many of them to shreds lol.

You could name the characters in your army after the Dragon Priests though... ;D (Yeah, you know them Wink)

This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 04:32 AM by Borador.

02-27-2012 04:31 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

RE: Ishkurs Undead HostIshkur Cinderhat 02-27-2012

Hehe, nice idea Borador! Happy I might do that. After all, I had a particularly nasty encounter with Vokun very early on in the game, and his mask served me very well for the next about 20 levels or so. ^^

02-27-2012 03:06 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

RE: Ishkurs Undead HostBorador 02-27-2012

You're welcome ;p

I had that on one of my many rerolls as well, (picking my final character took ages lol) he is quite tough early game haha.

You could ofcourse sculpt similar masks for unit champions and heroes/lords Wink

This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 03:51 PM by Borador.

02-27-2012 03:50 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

RE: Ishkurs Undead HostIshkur Cinderhat 02-27-2012

Pssst... I used a mask for my first necromancer conversion already Wink

02-27-2012 05:59 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

RE: Ishkurs Undead HostBorador 02-28-2012

Oh TEASER!
Show the greens to us already! (:

02-28-2012 07:14 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Ishkurs Undead HostBassman 02-28-2012

Magnificient unit! I love your idea for the unit filler, aren't they called Grave Guards? Get the tomb to be guarded!! Big Grin

I do agree with you about the wright king. I love that miniature and you did a great job.

Ok, too many compliments!

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: https://milanoarte.net/en/portfolio/the-...nci-milan/

Fancy an unique sculpted miniature or a good paint job?

This is my professional service: https://www.facebook.com/BluebeardsForge

02-28-2012 08:58 AM
Uncle Fool
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 53

RE: Ishkurs Undead HostUncle Fool 02-28-2012

I'm spell bound. If I was attack by this mob in the street. I would say, " wooo, slow you're horses guys I need to keep looking at you for the next hour to get all the details"! After that they could flog me to within an inch of my life (but not kill me), because I want to see the next installment. Thankyou so much for sharing this great work, mate.Cheers!Cheers!Happy

02-28-2012 09:16 AM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ishkurs Death Korps of Krieg Ishkur Cinderhat 293 349,189 07-25-2013 09:24 AM
Last Post: paladin9262
  Ishkurs WARMACHINES Ishkur Cinderhat 7 5,183 02-26-2008 01:52 PM
Last Post: Ishkur Cinderhat

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend