Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Finecast Woes (Second Wind Pictures Included)
Author MessageFinecast Woes (Second Wind Pictures Included)
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 140

Sad  Finecast Woes (Second Wind Pictures Included)Necrotique 03-10-2012

I had two orders that I was unsatisfied with within a week (I won't post details unless requested) and have been told to "deal with" by the Customer Support email address. They've also been replying using a lot of incorrect grammar and coming off very Engrish-y.
I would like to be able to talk to someone in charge but cannot find their email.
If anyone over east knows an email I could use, please let me know. Cheers Happy

Alternatively, if there's any U.K. address I could email that governs sales over here that'd be as good.

This post was last modified: 03-17-2012 08:31 AM by Necrotique.

03-10-2012 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Hashut's Blessing 03-10-2012

orders@games-workshop.co.uk is the customer service team for UK (I would've thought the company as a whole).

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-10-2012 05:49 PM
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Necrotique 03-10-2012

Thanks H.B.
I'll drop them an email and see if they can help Happy
cheers

03-10-2012 06:05 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Hashut's Blessing 03-11-2012

No wocca and they should be able to - particularly since they're the head office customer support team of the country that spawns the whole game, lol. Let us know how it all goes down!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-11-2012 03:08 PM
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Necrotique 03-12-2012

I've sent them an email but due to time differences might have to wait until about 6pm my time to start correspondence.
On the other side of the globe, the hobby service here is claiming my items were signed for and delivered, but are refusing to provide the signature or tracking for them.
My neighbours never signed for it (working shifts - they're asleep all day) and I was out at work from 5am to 6pm that day doing deliveries.
It's a real shame that a company would provide horrible service like this.
The other issue I had was a Finecast Hive Guard which I received which had a smoke stack missing, a claw fallen off due to a bubble, no tip of the tail, the carapace had NO points at all (they were concave bubbles) and the impaler cannon is missing its "teeth"
According to them, this is to be expected and I should just deal with and clean it up using GS. I do not think it is right to pay $41 for an item and receive a lump of swiss cheese that you have to build yourself, before building it yourself!
I also never received the Tyrant Guard in that order.
A few days later I never received the Citadel Scenery Painting Pack which I ordered with Priority express (1-2 day shipping) last Monday. Apparently it was delivered on the Friday with signature but I never saw it.
Again, they say they have a signature but refuse to show it! Mad:
Absolutely fuming, but I'm holding out that the Brits will be able to help as FW have always gone above an beyond for me.

Thanks again HB Happy

03-12-2012 12:02 AM
Discoking
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 66

RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Discoking 03-12-2012

You should probably stop playing 40k.
It ruins lives! Hehe.

In all seriousness, that sounds horrifically annoying.
Let us know how you get on.

On another point, I'm in NZ till Friday...
I've seen the prices you guys pay, & for that, you'd expect a good service...

Seeing as you are basically paying for the ferry to bring products to this hemisphere, so as not to effect GW profits... But that's for another thread...

This is my Twitter.
This is my YouTube Channel.
This is my Army Blog.
This is my signature.
03-12-2012 05:19 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Necrotique 03-12-2012

I know, but I love the 'nid models Tongue

Well, it's half-way through their work-day and no reply yet. When I called the Australian number they just tell me that someone's handling it and there's nothing they can do.
I really do not think I'll buy direct again after this.

03-12-2012 10:33 AM
Discoking
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 66

RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Discoking 03-12-2012

Don't expect a reply for about a day...
There's more than 1 department, & your email needs to get to it.

Hold in there, buddy!

This is my Twitter.
This is my YouTube Channel.
This is my Army Blog.
This is my signature.
03-12-2012 12:17 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W.Necrotique 03-13-2012

It's been exactly two days now and still no reply Sad

I won't be buying from them again after this - it's truly disgraceful. I'm going to lodge a claim with the Financial Ombudsman for the missing/damaged orders and will count my losses and move onto eBay I guess.

03-13-2012 07:48 AM
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Looking for the Regional Manager email for N.S.W. (Giving up my GW addiction)Necrotique 03-14-2012

I have attached photos of the apparently perfect Finecast model...
Apologies for the lighting. You might need to dim it a bit to see the recesses. Just so you know, the chest "bones" aren't meant to have a concave recess in them.
MMMM Nice three rows of carapace there! Awesome 2mm slide in detail!

Look at that CRISP hole in the tail!

I've got nothin for this one....

This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 01:28 AM by Necrotique.

03-14-2012 01:18 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Finecast Woes (Giving up my GW addiction)Nicodemus 03-14-2012

Yeup, all in all, Finecast is saving them money with materials and shipping, but is a terrible product. My experience has been that the quality control is so variable you're at about 50/50 odds of getting either a 'good' casting or a terrible one.   ... and when I say 'good' I really mean it's normally wouldn't be acceptable, except that you're so frustrated with the process that you just give up trying to get replacement parts and decide that it's 'good enough' and are willing to fix all of the propblems yourself.

Are the consumers generally really fooled by GW saying that Finecast is better?
~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

03-14-2012 01:42 AM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 1

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)Borador 03-14-2012

Only positive thing about Finecast IMO is that it forces you to recreate GW stuff yourself, leading to better GS skills. Other that that, Finecast sucks, big time.

Hope things will work out for you Necrotique!

This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 07:13 AM by Borador.

03-14-2012 07:11 AM
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)Necrotique 03-14-2012

I can back up the product sucking. You file it down to make it flat again and then BAM! Another bubble is under the newly-filed area.
I'm most annoyed that they're being so petulant about the returns process. Us Aussies pay marked-up prices (and I WAS happy to before this) but after the downright rudeness of the company I'll only be buying from eBay from now now, so they don't even get sidestream cash.
Honestly, would you consider the faults in my pictures to be "acceptable"?

03-14-2012 07:36 AM
The Odor
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 26

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)The Odor 03-14-2012

I would not accept those faults. Ever! Luckliy the guy running my shop who HATES finecast with a passion and allows us to open the boxes in shop to get replacements right away.

I might have to do a bit of a thread theft. Pirate
Have anyone bought the Finecast Green Knight? I need one for my WoC force and I cant seem to find any good posts about it. How faulted is the sculpt, are there any consequent flaws ETC?

Sorry for the thread theft but I didnt feel like starting a new thread.

Where there's a whip, There's a Way!

This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 08:41 AM by The Odor.

03-14-2012 08:39 AM
G.2
Lammasu

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 177
Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)G.2 03-14-2012

Necrotique Wrote:
You file it down to make it flat again and then BAM! Another bubble is under the newly-filed area.

Oh wow! I would have never considered that at all. But you are absolutely right, there would be bubbles just under the surface, that simply never made it to the surface, and thus any modifying of the mini, could potentially result in more holes to fill.

I feel really sorry for you mate. I think your eBay option is a good one.

G2 is short for George Georgiou.

Standing Small - G2's miniature blog

03-14-2012 08:40 AM
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)Necrotique 03-14-2012

The Odor Wrote:
I would not accept those faults. Ever! Luckliy the guy running my shop who HATES finecast with a passion and allows us to open the boxes in shop to get replacements right away.

I might have to do a bit of a thread theft. Pirate
Have anyone bought the Finecast Green Knight? I need one for my WoC force and I cant seem to find any good posts about it. How faulted is the sculpt, are there any consequent flaws ETC?

Sorry for the thread theft but I didnt feel like starting a new thread.

I haven't seen a FC Green Knight yet, but given the detail on my metal one, I wouldn't risk it in FC. Especially since it has so many small pieces.

G.2 Wrote:

Necrotique Wrote:
You file it down to make it flat again and then BAM! Another bubble is under the newly-filed area.

Oh wow! I would have never considered that at all. But you are absolutely right, there would be bubbles just under the surface, that simply never made it to the surface, and thus any modifying of the mini, could potentially result in more holes to fill.

I feel really sorry for you mate. I think your eBay option is a good one.

I wouldn't have considered it either. I thought it would be fine but whenever I filed down the shifted mould on the carapace it had a bubble under it. Can't even pass them off as spore cysts Sad

I hate to only buy eBay due to the scamming on there, but at least something (usually) gets done about it! In this case, GW UK hasn't replied at all, and the Oz store is telling me it's all okay and has, on average, about 10 words misspelt in a 50 word reply. It's depressing how slack the company is over here.

Ah well, looks like I'll have to get minis cheaper elsewhere. Their loss.

03-14-2012 09:17 AM
The Odor
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 26

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)The Odor 03-14-2012

Nah I will get since my store manager promised I could open as many blisters of the mini I needed since he have to send back any faulty ones anyways. He is really sad over the material change and never liked it. I think he had some bad expeiences with Resin before.

Where there's a whip, There's a Way!
03-14-2012 02:35 PM
Necrotique
Bull Centaur

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)Necrotique 03-15-2012

That's good at least. I miss metal a little. Finecast is much lighter but it has too many flaws.
One would assume that mail order would check for quality but I guess not in this case.
Does anyone know any way to get in contact with managers from the company? I'd prefer email so I have a log of the communication.
Really not happy with the silent treatment I'm getting from them.

03-15-2012 12:26 AM
fattdex
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 20

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)fattdex 03-15-2012

Pick up the phone brother, it's the only way to deal with GW. Once you get someone on the phone and you are assertive to your needs, things get done.

03-15-2012 04:12 AM
Singleton Mosby
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 68

RE: Finecast Woes (Pictures Included)Singleton Mosby 03-15-2012

Necrotique Wrote:
That's good at least. I miss metal a little. Finecast is much lighter but it has too many flaws.

What's the good thing about making the models lighter? I have a 300 model all metal Bretonnian army and it is not heavy in any way.

Good luck with dealing with GW. We should consider a boycot of all of their products.

03-15-2012 04:31 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites