The start of a chaos dwarf army
Author MessageThe start of a chaos dwarf army
bootboss
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 58

The start of a chaos dwarf armybootboss 07-29-2011

Hey I recently decided to go with a chaos dwarf scheme for my dwarf army: http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/3423...ntry346330
There was a major shipping delay from wayland wich gave me alot of thinking time, wich made me realise that i couldnt go paint miniatures straight out of the boxShock.
I really like the look of big hats therefor my army is with masks... I am probably going with hats for bosses. (Sorry TjubWink)

These a the heads i have sculpted and casted for my warriors, I promise some better pictures when I get them painted up

Just a quick wip pic of the first unit

Please let me know what you think

07-29-2011 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nitroglysarine
Burninating the Countryside

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 200
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armynitroglysarine 07-29-2011

I think they are great, awesome work on the casting, they seem to have come out very well.
Awesome!

07-29-2011 12:04 PM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 361
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyBlue in VT 07-29-2011

Takes Hat off

Welcome!! this is going to be a great thread to watch...seems like you are off to a good start!

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

07-29-2011 12:12 PM
BeeZharr
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 93
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyBeeZharr 07-29-2011

These look really promising, can't wait to see them painted.

Up the Ziggurat, lickety splick!
07-29-2011 01:26 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyvulcanologist 07-29-2011

Very Good start. I'm always impressed by people who can cast themselves!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
07-29-2011 03:09 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 593
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyAdmiral 07-29-2011

A bit big mouths for my taste, but good sculpts nevertheless for the casts. With those Marauder shields they will look great.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
07-29-2011 04:15 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyBassman 07-29-2011

vulcanologist Wrote:
Very Good start. I'm always impressed by people who can cast themselves!

People that cast THEMSELVES?!?!  I'm impressed too! Ahahaha sorry I could not resist

Very promising start. Longing to see them painted.
Especially the Ogre-Obelix carrying a menhir
http://www.ludicer.it/immagini/Asterix-e...-sasso.jpg

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: https://milanoarte.net/en/portfolio/the-...nci-milan/

Fancy an unique sculpted miniature or a good paint job?

This is my professional service: https://www.facebook.com/BluebeardsForge

This post was last modified: 07-29-2011 05:21 PM by Bassman.

07-29-2011 05:21 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armytjub 07-29-2011

Looks like a great start, looking forward to the next update and hopefully some paint on them! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

07-29-2011 06:40 PM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 646
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyBolg 07-29-2011

love the masks! (and get painting!)

Check out my webcomic here...
07-29-2011 07:28 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyAbecedar 07-30-2011

casting stuff yourself and painting (looks great by the way) but I can't find enough time to paint stuff other people make for me.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-30-2011 05:08 PM
bootboss
Hobgoblin

RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armybootboss 07-31-2011

Thank you everyone!
This is the first time I have casted and I can really recommend doing it, it is worth all the pain in the end
Anyway I started painting today:
These are the only guys finished so far. I am pretty happy with the colour scheme but i am open to suggestions

Bassman Wrote:
Especially the Ogre-Obelix carrying a menhir

Thanks I allways watched the cartoons as a kid

His left leg comes of as he counts as a standard bearer so he needs to be on a 20mm

Thats all for today keep the comments coming

This post was last modified: 07-31-2011 11:18 AM by bootboss.

07-31-2011 11:17 AM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 646
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyBolg 07-31-2011

bootboss Wrote:

These are the only guys finished so far. I am pretty happy with the colour scheme but i am open to suggestions

Wow you are fast.  really love the masks (and the orger conversion looks stunning.

I would suggest you do something more with the bases, maybe even a brighter colour, that will make you models stand out more.

good luck.

Check out my webcomic here...
07-31-2011 12:22 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyAdmiral 08-01-2011

I like those. Happy

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
08-01-2011 04:09 PM
Piachu
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 8

RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyPiachu 08-04-2011

Really great casts man !!!
Overall efect of your army should be great Takes Hat off

I've got only one hint.
Next time try to remove all of the mold lines Evil idea

All in all, thumbs up !!! Happy

08-04-2011 06:04 AM
bootboss
Hobgoblin

RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armybootboss 08-05-2011

Once again thank you all the replies are really motivating me
Now i would have posted a pic of the 10 new models i have finished painting but I cant find the cable for my camera Mad

Bolg Wrote:
I would suggest you do something more with the bases, maybe even a brighter colour, that will make you models stand out more.

You hit spot on there i havent really started basing yet, ok the one guy has a bit of sand on the base but thats because there is a giant footstep that goes over 3 bases in total of the unit.... gotta take a pic of that.
But yes i have thought about finding something bright to contrast, back when I did the normal dwarfs a guy suggested flower tufts and I must admit I really still like the idea, allthougt its not that fitting for chaos dwarfs.... What is your opinion on that matter my friend?

Piachu Wrote:
I've got only one hint.
Next time try to remove all of the mold lines Evil idea

I knew someone would point it out! that mold line is so... ARGH! cant find word!
It is allmost impossible to see it in real life unless you have seen that picture, I first realised it after posting the pic, I think it is the light that makes it pop.Wink

This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 04:08 AM by bootboss.

08-05-2011 04:06 AM
bootboss
Hobgoblin

RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armybootboss 08-06-2011

YA update time, I was bored so i made a little comic strip as an explainer for my lack of pictures recently:

Finished another 6 guys:

Hope you enjoyed see you later

08-06-2011 10:17 AM
bas_2312
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 448
Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armybas_2312 08-06-2011

bootboss Wrote:
YA update time, I was bored so i made a little comic strip as an explainer for my lack of pictures recently:

Big Grin Classic ;p

I really like your style of Chaos Dwarfs. Simple but very chaosy. The masks remind me of Uruk-hai, which is pretty cool. And of course the paint job is awesome.

Looking forward to seeing the finished unit!

Check out some of my other stuff:
-Big Hat Ogres
-Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs
-Halfling Empire
-Scifi stuff
08-06-2011 01:01 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armyAdmiral 08-06-2011

They're looking good. Perhaps a bit strong verdigris on a little part of one axe (the leftmost figure in the bottom row). As for the comic strip, I think it captured my impression of Danish people most accurately. Tongue Wink

Only kidding. I too like the Uruk-Hai style masks. Will you paint the eyes of the bare-faced ones? If so, normal eyes or glowing eyes?

Etsy shop

This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 02:33 PM by Admiral.

08-06-2011 02:28 PM
bootboss
Hobgoblin

RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armybootboss 08-06-2011

bas_2312 Wrote:

Big Grin Classic ;p

I really like your style of Chaos Dwarfs. Simple but very chaosy. The masks remind me of Uruk-hai, which is pretty cool. And of course the paint job is awesome.

Looking forward to seeing the finished unit!

Thanks man I am a big fan of your work to.
I didnt even realise that the Uruk-hai had the same masks I just tryed to make one that looked like the one from the hellcannon art in the chaso warrior army book

Admiral Wrote:
They're looking good. Perhaps a bit strong verdigris on a little part of one axe (the leftmost figure in the bottom row). As for the comic strip, I think it captured my impression of Danish people most accurately. Tongue Wink

Only kidding. I too like the Uruk-Hai style masks. Will you paint the eyes of the bare-faced ones? If so, normal eyes or glowing eyes?

Thanks and yes i did go a little crazy with the blue on blue on some of the guys.
Oh so your swedish? my nemesis, well I guess I am a bit retardet, even by danish standards Tongue Wink
Actually I didnt sculpt any eyes but it certanly looks like they have some anyway... creepy, well I guess I have to paint them now (maybe glowy, maybe not)

08-06-2011 04:48 PM
bootboss
Hobgoblin

RE: The start of a chaos dwarf armybootboss 08-13-2011

Hey guys sorry for the slow progress all my comissions are holding me up, 36 beastigors finally done but there is alot more to go....

Well one of my comissions are interesting 2 chaos dwarfs from trollforged miniatures, I have done the mage priest thing so far.

My friend payed me for a decent leader type quality, I i think he got that.

Thats all for today, I am going to paint some zombies now just for the fun of it, cheers.

08-13-2011 11:40 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How I start my adventure with chaos dwarfs Rusek 45 11,934 08-03-2016 11:15 AM
Last Post: Grimbold Blackhammer
  WIP FW Chaos Dwarf Army rburdett 40 18,862 07-24-2014 05:12 AM
Last Post: TheHoodedMan
  [6-9-2009] Mosk's Chaos Dwarf Army (Chaos Dwarf Greens on page 2) Mosk 26 20,627 04-24-2013 05:44 AM
Last Post: Mosk
  G2's Big Hat Chaos Dwarf Army G.2 45 29,298 04-02-2012 05:34 AM
Last Post: G.2
  Z's Chaos Dwarf army W.I.P. zsoulless 63 30,848 12-03-2008 03:06 PM
Last Post: wallacer

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites